Light-O-Rama Forums

Any help with connecting a lor rgb board please

Cmhall30

I have a circuit board that will not read the comm listener on my laptop. I have pictures of everything  if they help. I have no idea why it does not read. Any help greatly appreciated.

You need to give a little more detail of your problem.  Do you mean that you have a USB to RS-485 adapter that is not getting assigned a comm port number, a controller that is not seen by the Hardware Utility, or something else?  Please advise how you are set up, and the pieces and parts involved.

I have pictures of everything if need to b sent an email of them. My set up is my A-RJ45 controller, ran with either net cable to my lor usb 485 adaptor  that is ran to my laptop usb port  

Ok, simple setup. What's not working?

What is the state of the status LED on the controller (off, blinking, on steady)?

What version of LOR software are you using?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

If the controller status light is solid red, it is seeing the USB to RS-485 adapter.

Are you using DMX?  If not, start the Network Configuration, and on the DMX tab, make sure all universes show the adapter as "None".  If you are using DMX instead of LOR networking, make sure on the LOR tab that all LOR networks have the port showing "None".

What type of controller are you using - your statement of " my A-RJ45 controller " does not tell us anything useful.

Edited by k6ccc

My controller is an rgb dumb strip lights strand with 9 ports its got dmx hookup and either net hook up as well. im plugged in using either net to computer 

If u have an email address ill send the pic of the circuit board  im not familiar with it much other then its got switches on it that tell it which board it is and the 10th swutch is the light tester on it

When i go to open lor hardware advanced  its comes with a message saying '' the serial port (comm0) assigned to LOR has a problem. select another port. operation valid only when the port is open Trace: pollStation  

OK, it sounds like you are not using a LOR controller, nor are you using LOR networking.  Why are we 10 messages into this thread before you mention these details?  I've been trying get you to tell me this from the beginning.  I'm going to be very blunt.  Answer these questions or I'm going to ignore this thread.  You've wasted enough of my time...  As many people here can tell you, I will spend hours helping people here on the forum, but you have to do your part.

1)  Tell me EXACTLY what is on both the LOR and DMX tab of the Network Configuration.  Screen captures would be even better.  Either post the images in your reply or upload them to the internet and post a link to them.  Make sure that where ever you upload the images is available to anyone.

2)  Tell me what controller you are using.  Include manufacturer and model, or a link for this controller from either the manufacturer or where you purchased it.  Confirm that there is only the one controller.  If more than one controller, what are the others and how many are there?  Be specific.

3)  What USB to RS-485 adapter are you using?

4)  Are you using a straight through Cat-5 cable or a crossover LOR wiring standard to DMX wiring standard cable between the RS-485 adapter and the controller?  Confirm that you are connecting the Cat-5 cable to the RS-485 adapter and NOT the computer's LAN connector.

5)  Are your channels in Sequence Editor configured for DMX assignments?  What DMX universe and channels are being assigned?  A screen capture of the Channel Configuration utility would be best - accessed via the Sequence Editor Menu > Tools > Channel configuration.  Like question 1, include the images or upload them to the internet and post a link

6)  What channels are your controller card configured for?

7)  Tell me exactly what the problem is.

Note that you can ignore my comment in post #4 about the solid red light meaning that the controller is seeing the RS-485 adapter.  I was assuming that you were using a LOR controller.

BTW, get out of the habit of calling it ethernet cable.  It's Cat-5 cable that is carrying RS-485 signals.  It's the same cable that is used for an ethernet network, but it's not ethernet.

• Like 1

Sir i was just reading on the lor forums about you helping people. I have a problem with my enttec pro Dmx adaptor. When you open the lor control panel the listener opens and i keep getting a error 502 can not open adaptor. I just purchased a brand new adapter and its doing the same thing.. Colud you spare a second and offer some advice.  Thanks for your time.

Sorry, I don't know much of anything about non- LOR adapters. Never had any and have never used one.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android