Light-O-Rama Forums

MegaTree/House Sequencing Strategy

robigd

Hi, just seeking a little decoration advice for next year.

This is my first year adding a mega tree to my display. My roof-line and windows are all outlined in CCB's and were previously the only thing sequenced the past couple years. I have noticed that I hardly even look at the house now with the addition of the mega tree.

I guess my question is, what strategy do people use to keep focus on the entire display? Do you do some sequences that don't use the mega tree at all?

Every time I sequence a song I pick a different element that fits the song to put the focus on.  Or I move the focus around by not having on all the elements at once 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

Every time I sequence a song I pick a different element that fits the song to put the focus on.  Or I move the focus around by not having on all the elements at once 

Great advice. Thanks. I guess I was a little over excited and just felt the need to have the tree on at all times. Guess I can pull it back a little next year, lol.

Edited by robigd

It hit me one day when I was showing my son what I was sequencing and asked him what he thought of what I did with the roof line. His response was, oh I didn't see that I was focused on the tree. It almost hurts to have that much potential in one element and not use it all the time^_^

By the way my mega tree is 36 strips width 56 pixels each and 23 feet to the base of my mega pixel star

An example would be putting the focus on the leaping arches for Music Box Dancer because they fit the music better.

• Like 1