Light-O-Rama Forums

"Frozen" E682

jdoody

Has anyone ever had their E682 "freeze up" on them before and if so how did you correct the issue? For example: at the start of the night everything is working fine but by the end of the night at some point the entire E682 controllers lights get stuck on and I have to hit the reset button to get them to turn off. After doing that it usually takes awhile before the E682 starts to respond again, but it does eventually and everything works fine again until it happens all over again. I've had our show on for 3 nights now and each night the same thing has happened. Also note: this is my 3rd season using this E682 and I never had any issues with it until now. Any help would be awesome, thanks!

This is only my second year using a E682 and I haven't had any issues with it. I'd contact James, he's really good with support. Hopefully it's a minor issue and can be solved easy.

Have you measured the voltage on the 682 when this happens?  The power supply may be overheating, which may explain why it starts working again after a while.

Are you able to ping the 682 when it freezes?

Walt

Any of the connections getting wet? I was getting a freeze up on my 6804 last year when my supposedly waterproof pigtails were not so much.