Light-O-Rama Forums

NEED HELP: Channels work in HU, not during sequences??

joeberggren@hotmail.com

Hi guys,

Sophomore year of LOR,   I'm all LED.   32 channels.  10,000 lights.  I have basic plus edition.  I use simple show builder to create shows.

Everything works well using the HU.   I have a glitchy channel and 3 others that do not turn on during shows.  I have tried to trouble shoot as far as I know with the software.  

Whats the next step in trouble shooting?

Joe

So within the channel config buttons on the right, you verified the channels with issues that the correct Unit ID is selected and correct Channel #?

• Like 1

Open up the controllers and check for loose connections and make certain everything's wired correctly. Just speculating, but it's possible you may have overloaded some channels or have something which is causing a short on the affected channels.

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses.

So going back into the HU console, I can turn all channels on correctly.   

I also have the same amount of lights on multiple channels.    For ex:   I have 4 posts with the same amount of lights on each and post #4 won't turn on during multiple songs.

That is telling me that it is in the controllers???    Is there a way, through the software,  to test how much power each channel is drawing? 

2 hours ago, joeberggren@hotmail.com said:

Is there a way, through the software,  to test how much power each channel is drawing? 

No, but if you go to your closest Menards and pick up a Kill-A-Watt meter you can measure it precisely.

8 hours ago, joeberggren@hotmail.com said:

So going back into the HU console, I can turn all channels on correctly.   

That is telling me that it is in the controllers???    

IMO it is not the controllers. If the HU is turning on all channels during a test, then it seems your controller is acting properly. 

I still believe it's in your sequence channel configuration. 

6 hours ago, George Simmons said:

No, but if you go to your closest Menards and pick up a Kill-A-Watt meter you can measure it precisely.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, George Simmons said:

2 minutes ago, Santas Helper said:

IMO it is not the controllers. If the HU is turning on all channels during a test, then it seems your controller is acting properly. 

I still believe it's in your sequence channel configuration. 

Thank you!

Ah ha!!!    Channel Configuration!    Forgot about switching some channels around.

Thanks Guys!

Joe

George,  I coming up to check out your lights, one of these days!