Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio Questions

cgreenfield

This year I moved my show computer to the garage so it was easier to access for setup and troubleshooting. The front of my house is stucco and acts like a giant faraday cage so I have to position the FM transmitter either outside or in front of a window. Either of these solutions requires a 50 foot audio run at minimum. I am currently using a 50 foot 3.5 mm audio cable and while it does work, it is not ideal. It barely reaches the transmitter and is very susceptible to interference. I would also like to add outdoor speakers and would need to split the audio signal which will just cause more problems. I have looked into converting it to a balanced signal and have a decent understanding of the concept, but need some assistance / suggestions.

- I am not exactly sure what to look for in the components for creating a balanced signal and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on what transformers and cables to use.

- Also, I currently have the Whole House FM Transmitter 2.0 and have looked into upgrading to the FS CZH-05B and Wanted to hear what other people thought and any other recommendations/suggestions for the transmitter.

- And for the outdoor speakers i plan on most likely using a Pyle Stereo Power Amplifier but also would like recommendations for outdoor speakers that won't break the bank.

Thanks! -Chris-