Light-O-Rama Forums

Modifying sequences to fit my theme

Krustykramer

Hello,

I have 64 channels and downloaded several free sequences from various sites.  Most of the downloads are very intricate with several RGB trees, CCR, etc but my display is pretty much LED's at this point.  Furthermore, these sequences have 240+ channels and I'm having a hard time "downsizing" them to fit the theme of my display.  For example, I have a group of 4 LED tree's (1 channel per tree) but the sequences I've found might have 20+ channels for the same animation. How do I keep the integrity of the animation & timing with fewer channels?

Are there are websites, blogs, tricks, or advice on how to downsize these large sequences for an smaller display?

Thanks!

Downsizing from a larger display to a smaller display is as easy as picking and choosing the affects you want. If the larger display has 20 trees just pick four channels on the affects you like then copy and paste them to yours. It doesn't even have to be trees, maybe they have four windows that may look good on your four trees you could use. It all comes down to your imagination and searching through the larger display and finding something that catches your eye.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and maybe my question isn't clear.  Let's say I pick a chase affect that has 20 assigned channels but I only need four channels for my display.  If I copy/paste 4 of the 20 channels, the timing to the music will be off since I'm "missing" the other 16.  

Does that make sense?

No, you shouldn't have an issue as you are copying the function of the 4 to merge into your sequence assuming it is the same song.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:18 AM, Krustykramer said:

Thanks for the reply and maybe my question isn't clear.  Let's say I pick a chase affect that has 20 assigned channels but I only need four channels for my display.  If I copy/paste 4 of the 20 channels, the timing to the music will be off since I'm "missing" the other 16.  

Does that make sense?

True that you cannot "compress' the chase down to your four channels but you have available to you information on the beginning and the end of the chase.  Create an ON or RAMP event on the first channel, select the Chase tool from the menu (H key) and drag your cursor to the end.  Now you have a chase that spans the four channels and the period of time.