Light-O-Rama Forums

Error messages when trying to play a show

Duckie24

I had my show running completely fine.  I updated some sequences yesterday and now I can't get it to play a show.  It gives me an error called "Comm/Wimsock error" and "Unable to allocate enough memory for the event table" for every song.  I have "load all sequences" checked in the show because they are such huge files there was quite a bit of lag between them, up to 3-4 minutes between songs.  Like I said, it was running completely fine until I updated the sequences yesterday.  They still control the lights just fine out of the sequence editor, I just can't get them to play through on a show schedule.

Anyone else get errors like these or have seen these errors before?  Would appreciate any advice.  Right now, the only thing I can get to run is my static lights animation sequence.

I found on another forum where someone patched all their LOR executables with a 4gb patch and that fixed the problem.  I did the same last night and my show now plays fine.  If you happen to have the above problem, run the patch file on your LOR files and everything seems to work great.

As long as you you are running on a 64 bit processor and OS, and of course have at least 4GB of RAM...

I believe that's correct, come to think of it...

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Hmm...it sure made a difference for me.  I could not run my high channel count show before doing this.  After, works with no problems.  If anyone has other ideas what might be causing this, and why the patch solved it, then I'm definitely all ears.

Hmm...it sure made a difference for me.  I could not run my high channel count show before doing this.  After, works with no problems.  If anyone has other ideas what might be causing this, and why the patch solved it, then I'm definitely all ears.

Which LOR version are you running?

I think my show computer is running 4.3.10, but I'm not sure, I'd have to check it.  I sequence on one computer and then run it on another.  I have 4.3.14 on my sequencing computer for sure.  I updated my show computer last year, but have not yet this year.

Thanks for checking. So the result is that the patch is intended for, and benefits S3, but should NOT be applied to S4, as the S4 download already has the patch applied.