Light-O-Rama Forums

Crunch time help.

zvacman

Due to unavoidable circumstances I am woefully behind. I had hoped that SS would speed up my sequencing but it is putting me further behind. At this point SS isn't seeing or using most of my equipment. Here's how I am setup. Computer outputting E1.31 to an 8 gigabit switch that feeds 3 E682's. The switch is also feeding an E1.31 to DMX interface. The first universe on the interface runs 4 27 channel RGB controllers, the 2nd and 3rd universes run my 5 CTB16 controllers via crossover cables. I am trying to configure everything into SS to try out some instant sequences. When I import my house to see what I've got only a few pixel strings do anything. Any help would be appreciated, I hope I gave enough info.

Thanks, Z

From the superstar perspective you just need it to know what DMX Universe and channel settings to use. If you have a visualization of you display, you enter in the DMX addresses into each of the fixtures in the visualization then you import the visualization into superstar. You do the instant sequence then export to the sequence editor and the exported sequence should have all the DMX addressing that you specified in the visualization.

Are you using an imported visualization?

When using an imported visualization superstar uses the addressing in the visualization. Open the exported file in the Sequence Editor and for the channels that are in the 16 channel controllers you can do a left mouse click on the channel and look at the addressing. Check it to make sure the addressing matches your actual lights.

For the RGB lights you can click on the "+" to expand them and then click on one of the pixels and you can see the addressing. Again, check it to make sure it matches your actual lights.

Also, do you have any sequences you have created in the Sequence Editor that play properly to all your lights?

If you are in CCR mode then superstar will do 50 pixels per string. But you are using a visualization. Send me an email to brian@superstarlights.com and I can arrange to remote into your computer and see what is happening.

Brian:

I forgot to ask when the remote access will happen? I've been taking my computer to work with me to sequence during downtime, and it obviously won't be connected to my network.

Thanks, Z

I do not see an email yet. Try sending it to superstarlights1@yahoo.com

After receiving an email I will instruct you on what to do and set up the remote session.

Is there something I can send you from my iPad that will allow you to access my computer? For some reason I can't get the email set up on my show computer.

Z

Actually, all I am trying to do is have you send me an email so I can then send you my phone number and then you can call me.