Light-O-Rama Forums

Naming and moving sequence files

averagejoeamerican

Ok, not new to the LOR world but not the best in computer programing. That being said, I have finished 4 sequences and after saving them I clicked on the file- save as button and saved them to my 2016 folder. i use the hardware editor and the LOR MP3 program to load my sd card for my show controller. and low and behold there are no sequences under the LOR folder. Ok, i think i labeled the files incorrectly and now am desperate for someone to help me walk through the recovery of the sequence files. i am NOT a computer wizard so please be detailed. i do have the files saved in 3 other places but i know that  the file names ---bat-lms, etc.   mean a lot to the show controller. Please someone out there in the geek world help this old man.

Do you remember any part of the name of each sequence, or did you save it as the name of the song?  If so, plug the name into the search function and it should locate it for you.

What is the name of the full path and folder where you have stored your 2016 sequences?  You can find this by opening the sequence editor, look at the Recent Sequence tab.  What is listed in the Location column for your sequence(s)?  Likely something like c:\Users\blah\blah\Sequences

Now when you open the Hardware utility and attempt to add a sequence to the show list what does it say in the address bar of the pop-up that shows you there are not any sequences?  The address bar typically displays something like <<Users > blah > blah > Sequences >

My suspicion is that the sequences are not stored in the folder where the Hardware Utility expects to find them.  You simply need to tell it where they are located.  That information was displayed as Location in the sequence editor.

Clear as mud?.