Light-O-Rama Forums

DIY RGB extension

not enuf fuses

I looked around the forums here but didn't find anything. Has anyone made their own extension cords for the 10 watt RGB floods? If so, can you recommend a source for the components? Thanks!

I asked the same question a few months ago about where to find the connectors that are on the floods and never got a clear answer so I ended up buying the extension cords from LOR as I only needed 10 to 20 foot lengths.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When I get around to installing the three I have, I will just solder the same four conductor speaker cable from MonoPrice.com that I use for all other dumb RGB devices.  Gonna try to get those in next weekend.

I myself have used Monoprice.com speaker cable too.  But this year I ordered about 2,000  feet of 4 wire cable from Ray Wu and 110 pairs each of the 3 and 4 wire pigtails.  So if  I order something with a pigtail I'll cut it off  or de-solder it and add the ones I purchased.  That way EVERYTHING matches and I don't have to worry about different pigtails if I need to switch props around.  It was a bit expensive but I still paid less ( about $500) than I would have if I had gotten it here in the states.  And I can make custom length cables without paying for a pre-made one that I may not use all of the length or need multiples of a particular length to get what I need. 

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will go ahead and cut the cable between the flood and the connector and make custom lengths for each of the 8 floods. I don't think they'll ever change location, for a while anyway. Of course I'll use solder and heat shrink.