Light-O-Rama Forums

Long gap between songs

Patrick Lane

After a year two years off, I am putting up my LOR display this year. Everything works as it should but when the show runs, there is a 20-30 second gap between songs. This is the first time this has ever happened. I am way behind in upgrading my computer and software. I am running and old Dell computer( only used for LOR) and version 2.3.8.( will be upgrading to newer version after this year). 

I tried a previous saved show from years past and it still had the same delay which makes me believe it is my computer. I have deleted all programs not associated with LOR with no success. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try? 

Thank You

Pat

Is there a lot of dead time at the end of each sequence? If so, you can reduce the total time of each sequence in the Sequence Editor. I've had to shave off a few "dead" seconds of some songs myself.  Sorry, I know that sounds trivial but without seeing your sequences I'm just trying a shot in the dark. 

The show player does not have much of a CPU load, so a fairly old computer will do. I'm running a seven or eight year old HP desktop running Windows XP with about 5,000 channels.

One thing I want to ask is if you look at the show status window, did it by chance say that it was loading each sequence, and then exporting as a compressed sequence? If that's the case, it will only happen once for each sequence, and I can explain that in more detail if needed.

I will tell you that an upgrade from S2.3.8 to S4 is a major change. My recommendation would be unless you really need to, wait until after this season, just so you don't have to learn a bunch of new stuff right at crunch time. With that said, once you get used to S4, you will be glad you made the jump.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android