Light-O-Rama Forums

Music doesn't sync after pause

stawski88

Hi,

I have made a few sequences and haven't had an issue like this before...

When I play the sequence the music matches the wave form spot on.  The problem comes when I stop the music or if I change the play range to anything other than the full sequence.  Once I stop the music or change the play range, the music no longer matches the wave form.  It doesn't matter where I am at with the sequence, it always happens.  It appears if I ignore it and try to continue the problem compounds and gets worse.

This has been an increasingly pain in the rear because the sequence is five minutes long.  This has made the editing of this sequence rather difficult and time consuming.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, stawski88 said:

Hi,

I have made a few sequences and haven't had an issue like this before...

When I play the sequence the music matches the wave form spot on.  The problem comes when I stop the music or if I change the play range to anything other than the full sequence.  Once I stop the music or change the play range, the music no longer matches the wave form.  It doesn't matter where I am at with the sequence, it always happens.  It appears if I ignore it and try to continue the problem compounds and gets worse.

This has been an increasingly pain in the rear because the sequence is five minutes long.  This has made the editing of this sequence rather difficult and time consuming.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

You most likely need to run your songs through audacity, then save as 128 bit cbr.

John explains all here:

https://sites.google.com/site/listentoourlights/home/how-to/converting-mp3-to-constant-bit-rate

• Like 1

One of my other sequences is running a song at a high bit rate and I didn't have any issues with that so I assumed it wasn't the problem.  Trying now..

13 minutes ago, Mega Arch said:

You most likely need to run your songs through audacity, then save as 128 bit cbr.

John explains all here:

https://sites.google.com/site/listentoourlights/home/how-to/converting-mp3-to-constant-bit-rate

Thanks!  I don't know why one song with a high bit rate wouldn't give me the same trouble - but this fixed it.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Just now, stawski88 said:

....I don't know why one song with a high bit rate wouldn't give me the same trouble....

yeah - it shouldn't - but....

I got tired of that after the first year. Now, as soon as I've decided I want to play around with a song, not even sure if it will be in the show or not, but if I start a LMS, that song has been ran through audacity. I save it like - songname.audacity.mp3 - so I know I've always got a good song file.

It likely was not the high bit rate that was the problem, but rather that it was originally a variable bit rate, rather than constant bit rate.

• Like 1