Light-O-Rama Forums

arches

basic

hello guys i have a problem with 1 of my arches. 1 works and the other 1 lights half way i switched the plugs and notting ..im playing it through pixel editor ..i have pixels  on my arches  ..controller is a e682 .25 pixels in each arch and all my channels are the same ..any suggestions ..

Off hand, that looks OK, but I don't use PE, so I'm not the expert on PE configuration.  What about the E682 configuration?

Not likely. Can you post a screenshot of the E682 config page?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

On the E682 page you have universe 1 set to 42 length string if your running 25 per arch and stringing 2 of them together that should be  set to 50

1 hour ago, Need more lights said:

On the E682 page you have universe 1 set to 42 length string if your running 25 per arch and stringing 2 of them together that should be  set to 50

This is incorrect. The way the E682 works, the setup is for 42 pixels on each of 4 outputs. @basic has the first arch connected to output 1-3 and the second output to 1-4.

The problem is the Prop Definition for the second arch does not match the E682 setup. Your second arch should start on channel 379. Here are my calculations:

Output Start Ch Pixels Ch Count End Ch
1-1 1 42 126 126
1-2 127 42 126 252
1-3 253 42 126 378
1-4 379 42 126 504

10 hours ago, MattBrown said:

This is incorrect. The way the E682 works, the setup is for 42 pixels on each of 4 outputs. @basic has the first arch connected to output 1-3 and the second output to 1-4.

The problem is the Prop Definition for the second arch does not match the E682 setup. Your second arch should start on channel 379. Here are my calculations:

Output Start Ch Pixels Ch Count End Ch
1-1 1 42 126 126
1-2 127 42 126 252
1-3 253 42 126 378
1-4 379 42 126 504

Sorry my bad, I missed his notes, I do see that the PE config is wrong , but the 42 pixel length caught my attention. I don't know what he has on outputs 1-1 / 1-2  but it's my understanding that the 4 grouped outputs on a e682 have to be all the same length in pixels. Correct me if I'm wrong again. This is my config page and it works fine.

config e682.PNG

Edited by Need more lights

The "length pixels" field on the E682 specifies the max # of pixels on the outputs. You can always connect fewer pixels. This is true of any pixel controller.

So the fact he is connecting 25 physical pixels to an output specified at 42 is just fine.

9 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

The "length pixels" field on the E682 specifies the max # of pixels on the outputs. You can always connect fewer pixels. This is true of any pixel controller.

So the fact he is connecting 25 physical pixels to an output specified at 42 is just fine.

Ok, Think I get it, I didn't know that. I'm just thankful that my set up is simple and it works. So I can change my max length to 100 on output groups 1 and use the 1-3/ 1-4 to run my 100 string nodes, that won't mess up the 75 strings? That's the reason I went to 2-1 and 2-2 for the 100 length strings.:huh:  The start and stop on the config page of my sequencer won't have to change will it? It's working now and this close to opening night I don't want any more headaches.  I still a newbie to RGB and obviously have a lot to learn.  I'll stay out of trying to help with these more sophisticated set ups.

Basic, your more advanced than my simple mind can process, I'm sorry for misguiding you and highjacking your post. 

Hi Matt I set the E682 up for Basic last year with only 2 slots of 42 pixels  this year I added the arches to the next two slots  just a simple math problem  thanks Dennis 

I just realized that the outputs on group 1 are BRG and not RGB so I'm stuck with group 2 anyway, but this is great info to have for the future. Thanks Matt.