Light-O-Rama Forums

Tracks

lstewartff

Track lover here.    A track is a 'view' of your channels in a different order.   In track one you could have a tree with 32 channels defined as Red White - Red White - Red White 16 times.  But in track two you have the same exact channels but rearranged as 16 red and 16 whites.    When you add an effect to a channel in one track it is seen in all other tracks containing that channel.

• Like 1

I do 2 tracks for everything. Track 1 is straight lined 239 channels, (14) 16-channel controllers and (3) 5-channel floodlights. Track 2 is full of groups. Like Bob said, put 16 red together, but I take it a step further and put it in a group called RED along with all my other red channels from entire yard. Also have those same 16 red in a group called MEGA TREE. You can have as many groups as you want. I slide the group I'm working on up to the top right under the BEAT group I made. As Bob said, changing the channel changes it - no matter how many times you have a copy of it. Leave track 1 alone as MASTER track. That order doesn't change. Just add to it every year at the bottom. Another benefit with using groups on track 2 - I've used (4) 8-channel arches for a couple of years. Had A&B tied to C&D with SPT1 cord so they mirrored. This year I built another controller and split them up. Added those 16 channels to the bottom of MASTER track 1. Then I added a ARCH group on track 2 so all 4 separate arches are next to each other for easy sequencing.

(I learned the basics of GROUP use from George in one of his SequenceU classes - thanks George..).

So if I add a track I should click the track button and use the "duplicate track" and then group everything together? I tried the "add a track" and I had to put in the number of channels and then assign those channels to a controller. I am just playing with these right now cause I am planning on expanding next year from 16 channels to 32 or more channels and trying to make things easier. also I only have the basic software right now so I can only use 2 tracks. I would like to add a mega tree next year and was trying to see if I could get those in a track by themselves to sequence. I will keep playing and try different things.