Light-O-Rama Forums

Same equipment not working

jstech2

I have been using the same equipment for the past few years (1 - LOR1602-G3-MP3 and 3 CTB16PC controllers, same PC.   I did upgrade to the latest version of the software S4.   I am also using the same sequences that I wrote last year (I have verified that the controller addresses are correct in sequences).   Yesterday I installed everything, connected the boxes via my Cat5 cable and I never can see all 4 boxes via the Hardware Diagnostics.   Sometime I can see only 1 box.  Sometimes I can see two.   The position of the boxes mean that I need to daisy them in the following network order:   (4 (1602-mpr) - 2 - 3 - 1)   I didn't think this would make any difference - does it?

I have swapped out the Cat5 cables, rebooted everything multiple times, prayed to the LOR gods...

I can't figure out what is wrong...Exact same setup as last year and this is driving me crazy!  Any idea?

JE

I had the same thing happened. I ended up taking the laptop out and connected to each controller making sure you only have one connected. starting with the first and reset each to their controller ID 01-02-03-04 and refresh after setting and checked to see if I could control the lights. After checking this on all the controller's I then reconnected the cat5 Cables I checked the hardware and did a refresh. I had to go through this process twice before it would set. I ran my Halloween show with 4 LOR 16 AC controller's and 2 AlphaPix for my roofline, Windows and doors.  I hope this helps.

Happy Holidays 

• Like 1

thanks nasa1952.  I figured out most of the problem.   I haven't confirmed this yet but it looks like the Software S4 requires a firmware upgrade on the units.   I uninstalled S4 and reinstalled S3 and then created a new sd card.  3 out of the 4 boxes are working fine.   Tomorrow I will hook up the Cat 5 to my laptop and check out the hardware comm and see what is happening.   

Happy Holidays back at ya-

• Like 1