Light-O-Rama Forums

Daytime (no lights) sequence builder?

WayneKremer

I thought I remember seeing a program that someone built to create sequences with music only (no lights).  Was I dreaming that?  :)  If not, can you point me in the right direction?  thx!

Are you talking about just broadcasting music and have no lights active?  There are two ways I know of, others might have better solutions.  

Make a musical sequence with only 1 channel and put no programming into it.  There is also Zara Radio which is broadcast software

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.  But, I thought that someone wrote a program to create a bunch of 1 channel sequences with the associated music file.  Otherwise, I'll have to create over 100 sequences manually...which I would rather not do.  Can Zara Radio handle local files?

I haven't played with it, but if you search the forums there are multiple discussions.  Its a free download so won't hit the pocket book to find out and play

I just looked into Zara.  Seems cool for the most part, but tricky on starting and stopping it without interruption.  I play my songs in WMP right now, but need a simple way of turning it on and off during and after shows.  thx!

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the free version of Zara Radio for at least 8 years, sometimes all year long and it is very powerful to do anything you want.  During my Christmas season, it plays Christmas music all day until my LOR takes over in the evening with light shows.  Then after the light show, ZR turns on again to continue playing Christmas music and some occasional announcements on the hour about when my evening LOR show starts, where to park and things like that.  When also used with Weather Watcher Live, it can automatically make announcements about temperature or stream weather and news announcements if desired.  There is no way that something like Windows media player can even come close to the things that ZaraRadio does.

• The topic was locked