Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I bring my house image with the channels I made onto a New Sequence.

Tom T12345

I took the time to get a pic of my house and lay out all the cannel locations for the 16 cannel sequence. I made my first sequence from pop song Heathens for my kids. Now I want to do Watch Me Whip but I need to get that file out of the first sequence, I didn't remember saving it anywhere... help!

Under the edit button, go down to export channel configuration do this after you name your channels and put in the pic with the light drawn in but before you sequence. name it and save and it will save everything. then when you start a new sequence under where you put in how many channels click the box that's says use existing configuration, select it and It will import into your new sequence

First question is, do you mean putting a house image in the animator (a part of Sequence Editor), or in visualizer (as separate program from Sequence editor)?  Assuming it is the Animator withing Sequence Editor, on the sequence that has the layout correct, export the configuration:

Menu > Edit > Export/Import Channel Configuration > Export Channel Configuration

Save it with whatever name you want - for example:  2016 standard configuration.lcc

then in the new seqeunce, import that configuration. 

Menu > Edit > Export/Import Channel Configuration > Import Channel Configuration

Select the previously saved configuration.  That will import both the channel configuration, and the Animation configuration.

If you are asking about the Visualizer, I can explain that as well.

And I see Istewartff just posted pretty much the same info...

Jim, I am new to all this so I am learning. Can you import a new channel configuration into a sequence that is already finished?

Jim, I am new to all this so I am learning. Can you import a new channel configuration into a sequence that is already finished?

Yes you can but be careful. If the channel arrangement is different, you will mess things up. As long as the channel arrangement is the same, you are golden. Just make sure to save with a new filename so you can go back if needed.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

• Like 1