Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Pixels not controlled by pixel editor or sequence editor

CincinnatiLOR

We have two 16PC-G3 ver. 1.06 sixteen channel boxes and one CCB100 Ver. 1.21 cosmic color pixel bulb box (2 strands of 50 pixels each).

He can control the pixels in the control panel, but not control the pixels in the pixel editor or when running sequence editor, either program with CONTROL LIGHTS selected. I moved the Network speed up to 500k and both 16 channel boxes still control fine but the pixels will not go on when playing sequences in the sequence editor or pixel editor.

Do we need to "Add a Device" in sequence editor and assign our CCB100 box?

We have a Preview and Prop created in Pixel editor (same Prop for all songs) and the Prop appears to copy over into sequence editor, but again cannot make the pixels work in pixel editor or sequence when we try and control the lights.

Again the Pixel box lights seems to work fine in the Hardware Utility.

The CCB100 box is assigned ID 3 

Any help appreciated

Sincerely,

CincinnatiLOR

Firstly welcome to the Forums, seeing that you only have 2 post I take it you are very new to LOR's products Is that right? Did you recently buy all three as a package? What I am trying to understand is what level of experience you have. It helps me to explain things in easier terms for you. We were all beginners at one time. :)

5 hours ago, CincinnatiLOR said:

We have two 16PC-G3 ver. 1.06 sixteen channel boxes and one CCB100 Ver. 1.21 cosmic color pixel bulb box (2 strands of 50 pixels each).

Are you running all these components on one network? If so, it would be better if the CCB's ran on another network. It's do able on one network, but the potential for lag is greater. (lights falling behind in the sequence) The CCB's are LED's and run more channels than you 16PC-G3 ver. 1.06 sixteen channel boxes. This is something to think about for the future. For now lets get everything working and then go from there.

As stated your 16PC-G3's are 16 channels. 16 channels X 2 boxes = 32 channels. In comparison the CCB's have 3 channels per LED, meaning you have 2 strands of 50 which equals 100 LED's. 100 LED's X 3 channels (for RGB - Red, Green, Blue) = 300 channels.

Are you using a Hi-Speed USB-RJ45 adapter. If it's red then you are. That would be good.

He can control the pixels in the control panel, but not control the pixels in the pixel editor or when running sequence editor, either program with CONTROL LIGHTS selected. I moved the Network speed up to 500k and both 16 channel boxes still control fine but the pixels will not go on when playing sequences in the sequence editor or pixel editor.

As I understand it, the 16PC-G3 ver. 1.06 sixteen channel boxes should be set at the 56.7K speed. This will also work for your CCB although as discussed earlier the potential for lag is there. For now set the network speed back to 56.7K Recommended speed.

Do we need to "Add a Device" in sequence editor and assign our CCB100 box

Yes, later in your post I see you assigned your CCB100 as ID 3. Would that mean that the two 16PC-G3's are assigned 1 and 2?

What is your license level for LOR programs? You can find it here http://www1.lightorama.com/software-license-retrieval/ . As I read it, for three controllers you need at least a Basic Plus License. At some point you may want to upgrade to Advanced to allow you to run more networks. Not need now, just food for thought.

We have a Preview and Prop created in Pixel editor (same Prop for all songs) and the Prop appears to copy over into sequence editor, but again cannot make the pixels work in pixel editor or sequence when we try and control the lights.

The Pixel Editor requires a PRO License to work. Do you have that License? If not, it's not a big deal, just means you won't be able to use the Pixel Editor. Pixel Editor came about this year as a new product and is really designed for people that have many more LED than you. While it would work for you, it really isn't something you have to have right now. A better choice for you right now would be to get the Superstar Add On. It will be easier to use and more cost effective for you. i.e. more bang for your buck. If you don't have Superstar here is the info and pricing page for it. http://store.lightorama.com/suse.html At this point you would only need the 2_CCR license. $29.95 If you already have Superstar and this level of license for it, let me know and we can go from there.

As a quick overview on how the LOR products work, let me explain. You must first design a prop in the Visualizer program that has all the information regarding your 16PC-G3 and CCB info in it. When that is done, you load it into Superstar, add some lighting effects, export your work to Sequence Editor. Run Sequence Editor, load your freshly exported SuperStar file. Then run the Visualizer in "Simulation Mode" (which will display your props) and then hit play in Sequence Editor and watch your lights on the CCB (provided you have them turned on and hooked up) and you can see them in the Visualizer. Once you know everything is working then you can just watch them in Simulation Mode in Visualizer and not have to keep you Controllers hooked to your PC.

You will also have to have the COMM Listener turned on. It can be found by right clicking the red LOR light bulb in the lower right part of your screen (by the clock) you may to click the Show Hidden Icons arrow to see the red light bulb.

It may sound complicated but it's really not once you get the hang of it.

There are many help links and Videos to help you, here is one for creating a Visualizer file. http://www.lightorama.com/help/tutorial.htm

If you have more question, feel free to ask here or PM me. I can setup some quick props and sequences so you can test your lights and email them to you. Sorry for the long answers but your questions deserved more than a yes/no answer. :)

Alan...

Edited by default
forgot my name :)
  • Like 1

We have the PRO software.

We can run the CCB lights in sequence editor if we add the 300 channels under Unit 3 in the sequence editor. By doing this though we lose the ability of the pixel editor to help us create effects. We have a 10 by 10 pixel grid. It is much easier to program in pixel editor but again we cannot run the lights using settings/programming created in pixel editor.

So if we somehow ran the pixels on a second network you think it would work. I have tried to run the pixel box alone without the 2 sixteen channel boxes connected and the pixel box will still not run from the pixel editor.

Thanks for all of your help.

We ran a single sixteen channel box last year and added a second 16 channel box and the 100 pixels this year

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm new here - this is my first post.  I am having this exact same issue almost verbatim and never saw a resolution in this thread.  Can anyone help me out?  Just added CB100D DMX Cosmic Color Pixels to my show and after sequencing via the Pixel Editor I cannot get them to play in the Sequence Editor while connected through my PC.  Everything tests fine in the Hardware Config, but nothing shows up when playing the sequence in the Sequence Editor despite seeing the PE channels at the bottom of the file.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Edited by molsen

Do you have the LOR network configured in Enhanced LOR mode, and do you have a Pro level LOR license?

• The topic was locked