Light-O-Rama Forums

Ditto sign envy

ItsMeBobO

Last year I hung a Ditto sign in my neighbors yard.   They loved it and the guests commented on it a lot.   Now my neighbors on the other side are asking what they can have to participate in the fun?  

They do hang some white lights in the bushes for a few days.   But this 'something' would most likely be a prop that I purchase and hang for them just like I do the ditto sign.       I am drawing a blank on what it could be.  Ideas anyone?

DittoSign.gif

• Like 1

A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree with the residual bundle of knotted muti color lights on the ground with a sign that says "I tried" 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Need more lights said:

A Charlie Brown Christmas Tree with the residual bundle of knotted muti color lights on the ground with a sign that says "I tried" 

I like this because it gets the message across in just two words.   But I am guessing they wont like the implication they are inept.    

They need something which implies "why would anyone go through so much trouble" because they are satisfied with four white bushes. 

My just thought of crude concept is a big word   JOY  and under it something like " is not having to hang all that stuff ->"     But I don't  even like my own idea which is too wordy.

Can't compete

Why bother to compete

Resistance is futile

Too much work to compete

There is JOY in not trying

• Like 1

My wife likes this one.     A plain flat sign with no attached lights.   Just a spot pointing at it so people can see.      

Xmas Lights 

Anonymous

meeting 7pm

or

XLA  Tues 5pm

Xmas Lights 

Anonymous

Edited by ItsMeBobO
expand idea

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

But I am guessing they wont like the implication they are inept.    

Ok, I get that...

How about "JOY is simplicity" which falls under your idea.  

"He borrowed my extension cords" with an arrow to your house, funny, but that's wordy too.

"White lights matter" but that's not very politically correct.   

"Sorry we're normal"

"Over-achiever" with an arrow 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Need more lights said:

Ok, I get that...

How about "JOY is simplicity" which falls under your idea.  

"He borrowed my extension cords" with an arrow to your house, funny, but that's wordy too.

"White lights matter" but that's not very politically correct.   

"Sorry we're normal"

"Over-achiever" with an arrow 

These are all awesome!   Thank you, are you in advertising?     I love white lights matter and others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ItsMeBobO said:

These are all awesome!   Thank you, are you in advertising?     I love white lights matter and others. 

Hahaha no, I'm a heavy equipment operator, but I have a good sense of humor and quick wit.

Copy cat

Power serge 

Start     End      Dito  ( all three yards )

Power Station

Just a few for ya  ( I got plenty more )

Plain Jane

• The topic was locked