Light-O-Rama Forums

changing channel configuration

Simonkhoury

Hi guys,

I'm new to LOR and still trying to work it all out, I have changed my lay out of my lights and wanted to change the channel config on the left hand side so I don't have to keep going into it and changing from the old to the new.

can anyone give me a few pointers please

Click on "Edit", then click on export channel config from the updated sequence, then click "Edit" and click on import channel config to the other sequences as you update each sequence.

Edited by Santas Helper

Use tracks and leave the channel config alone. If you create a second track you can rearrange channels in any order you want without it messing up the channels in the master.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 4:20 PM, Mr. P said:

Use tracks and leave the channel config alone. If you create a second track you can rearrange channels in any order you want without it messing up the channels in the master.

I learned this the hard way! Put all controllers in the first track, name it "Master", and keep all channels in order. If you don't use a channel, don't delete it, but simply change it's type to "no device type". When you add controllers in the future, add them at the bottom.

Copy the channels you use to other tracks, and reorder them any way you need in the other tracks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steven said:

I learned this the hard way! Put all controllers in the first track, name it "Master", and keep all channels in order. If you don't use a channel, don't delete it, but simply change it's type to "no device type". When you add controllers in the future, add them at the bottom.

Copy the channels you use to other tracks, and reorder them any way you need in the other tracks.

+1 Steven is correct.