Light-O-Rama Forums

station signs ideas

Angie Whitecotton

Ok I'm having hard time figuring out how to make a sign for the station to turn into. 

What have you done? 

Thank you! 

I ordered 2 - two sided signs from Vistaprint. They were less than $20 each. I of course couldn't leave well enough alone and built a picture frame with molding and mounted to 4x4 posts painted with wooden finials on the posts. And yes.. my wife asked if I could ever just do something simple lol

I had my local sign shop make one, put 50 LED around it and shine a flood at it.

In total was like $50 and they offered me 3 different design options

I made a simple 2X2 PVC  "A" frame. mounted solid Plastic on both sides. printed out a slide from Power Point Poster size 2X2 and taped the pages together, Put those into clear sheet protectors and mounted those to my A frame sign holder...

I am sure you have seen the A Frame PVC signs many realtors use for their open houses Same thing just advertise my Listen to lights radio station on it.. I have one small light on it so it does not interfere with my show display or glare out to much.

total cost, a little printer ink, 4 pieces of printer paper, clear plastic protectors, about $5 if that.

Can also use a old Flat Screen TV and just cover it with clear PVC to protect it from the weather rain etc. connect it to my computer and run a loop a (Christmas) power point on it with information and warnings to keep kids out of display for safety, be considerate of the neighbors etc.  You can run that in a loop..

Edited by Old Sarge

18 minutes ago, Old Sarge said:

I made a simple 2X2 PVC  "A" frame. mounted solid Plastic on both sides. printed out a slide from Power Point Poster size 2X2 and taped the pages together, Put those into clear sheet protectors and mounted those to my A frame sign holder...

I am sure you have seen the A Frame PVC signs many realtors use for their open houses Same thing just advertise my Listen to lights radio station on it.. I have one small light on it so it does not interfere with my show display or glare out to much.

total cost, a little printer ink, 4 pieces of printer paper, clear plastic protectors, about $5 if that.

Can also use a old Flat Screen TV and just cover it with clear PVC to protect it from the weather rain etc. connect it to my computer and run a loop a (Christmas) power point on it with information and warnings to keep kids out of display for safety, be considerate of the neighbors etc.  You can run that in a loop..

I'm not quite that tech yet! lol sounds awesome!!! 

Gotta love the old "Light Bright" toys.

Some of us may be old enough to have had one.

You can buy the waterproof Coro (corogated pladtic board) in small sheets at Lowes or HD. Look around their sign Dept or insulation dept. 

Then buy some number stickers and drill holes or just print out your sign like Old Sarge and then tape it to the sign material, drill hole and insert lights.

JR

I made mine out of corrugated and it fits into a realtor metal frame sign. It's the only thing in my display that's incandescent bulbs. ^_^   

GOPR0635.JPG

I bought mine from ChristmasLightShow.com. Go to the more Products tab and there you can see the TUNE TO signs. It is made to fit onto a real estate sign frame.

Edited by Daryl

I like mine to be dim enough and not have so many lights as to draw attention from my display. Its for information... not part of my show and it is also right out next to the side walk and street so it is the first things usually seen when someone is driving up the street.. .

If I want or need that much attention to it ( "The Sign" )  I can always add a rotating Police/ ambulance/ firetruck style flash light bar to it and run it off a car battery...lol

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/23/2016 at 9:31 PM, Old Sarge said:

I like mine to be dim enough and not have so many lights as to draw attention from my display. Its for information... not part of my show and it is also right out next to the side walk and street so it is the first things usually seen when someone is driving up the street.. .

If I want or need that much attention to it ( "The Sign" )  I can always add a rotating Police/ ambulance/ firetruck style flash light bar to it and run it off a car battery...lol

I just run a separate channel to my sign, it is pretty bright, just first few seconds of intro and exit from songs I run at 100%, rest of the sequences I run them at 20%, then after show is over for the night it just goes black while rest of lights are on for the night., kinda nice as people often pull up during a song mesmerized by the lights, as it winds down and the tune to sign goes bright , the people notice it and stick around a whole lot longer.