Light-O-Rama Forums

do effects work on walmart string lights

cbarrow007

I have a 16 plug controller. Trying to sequence a song. I am using blow ups and regular string lights, bought at walmart. I want to know if any of the effects in wizard will work? or is it just off/on? Yes, I put my own plugs in blowups lights, so fan is not going on and off with lights

Lights will work. I promise. Because all 20 strands of lights I bought work. Haha. My second year I went there a week after Christmas and bought so many LED lights for pennies. And they fade twinkle and blink with the best of them!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Almost all of our LED lights are from Walmart and Big Lots and they work just fine.

Actually after I built rectifiers and rewired some of the strings they work and look even better! :) With the rectifiers the lights are slightly brighter and there is no more flicker.

Edited by rcktpwrd
spelling

mine are almost all Wally world mini incan lights and I have had no problems with them. I remember reading though when I first was getting into LOR to AVOID Martha Stewart Lights.. 

Hello...brand new to the animated light world. While I have many, many questions, I'll start here with this one.

So...if regular (led/incan) lights work fine, what is the advantage of pixels?

I think pixels can do animations but I am new to all this so maybe someone will answer and let us both know and tell me I have it all wrong. which I'm usually wrong, according to my wife, so it doesn't surprise me.

Go to the LOR website and look under Lights.  You will find the information you are looking for under Dumb Pixel and Smart Pixel "What are they?".

Pixels open a whole new world to the user.  More complicated and expensive, but a blast to use and exciting to see.  Any color in the rainbow.

Hope this helps and good luck with your new hobby.