Light-O-Rama Forums

SPT wire

lstewartff

I have seen on some site that vamp plugs are sold in packs of 10, 50, or more but shipping usually kills the price. I know I can buy wire at Home Depot or Lowes but they don't sell the plugs in packs at a decent price. I don't even think the plugs they sell are the vamp plugs. Does anyone have any suggestions of other local stores that I could possibly look at for wire and plugs.

Home Depot has bags of 50  online.  If you have them ship to the store and pick it up, there is no shipping fee.

what is the link for the Home depot vampire plugs?

I have checked in the past and they tell me they are no longer available and have not been for a couple years..

So the plugs you can get from Home Depot, are they for SPT1 or SPT2?

I've heard the diameter of the insulation is the only difference between the two but mixing plugs and cords is not a good idea.

I've always bought my cord and plugs from the same place (Creative Displays) making sure to keep them all SPT1.

20 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

At $1.20 ea. that is one of the most expensive places.

I agree, and just something that I saw while looking at their site for something else.

I found mine at Ace Hardware at 70 cents a piece. Get my spt-2 at Home Depot $44 for 250 feet.  As far as I understand the plugs are the same and the spt-1 is 8 amp wire the spt-2 is 10 amp wire.

• 2 weeks later...

i got all my male and female vampire plugs from home depot, almost 1500 of each, best price any where $45 for 100 ... free shipping to store or house.... and always work!

http://www.environmentalled.com/

Plugs 0.70 each and 95 cents shipping.  Its always (5 cents shipping on this site- We ran out of SPT wire and I ordered 3-1000 rools...shipped for 95 cents and that stuff is super heavy...of course best to buy presale and get plugs for 50 cents each

Hope this helps!

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:04 PM, lstewartff said:

I have seen on some site that vamp plugs are sold in packs of 10, 50, or more but shipping usually kills the price. I know I can buy wire at Home Depot or Lowes but they don't sell the plugs in packs at a decent price. I don't even think the plugs they sell are the vamp plugs. Does anyone have any suggestions of other local stores that I could possibly look at for wire and plugs.

If you catch a pre order sale you can typically get spt1 for around 12-15 cents a foot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dan24438 said:

If you catch a pre order sale you can typically get spt1 for around 12-15 cents a foot.

I ran out yesterday while finishing up powering a few props but just found a 250' roll of SPT 1 for $41.00 at the local HD of which I was happy with being the immediate need.

Usually with wire and plugs it is best to try and catch a presale. Can't hurt checking eBay either. Only way I'd go to a local store would be if I needed it immediately.