Light-O-Rama Forums

Ccb unit blown again.

Tony Hefner

Just curious if anyone has with ccb controller blowing a circuit. I have a ccb tree with 6 units 12 strings over and back for a 24 stand tree. Have it all set up and working,last night tested it all worked fine. Today was setting up parts of display and unplugged the controllers to be safe. After finishing it all hooked the power the tree and heard a snap on one controller. No green lights on the bulbs on one contoller. I opened the contoller fuse is good but see a black peice,not sure what it is called, popped. Before setting the up all the controller boxes were checked for moisture,water, and taped the box edges. The controllers are mounted 18 inches above the ground then covered with plastic bags. This same thing happened last year and had to buy a new controller. I dont want buy another one if this keeps happening.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a similar issue. My CCB controller that has been in use for 3 years and was working fine for a week this year, my circuit breaker popped and now one of my boards smells burnt. Not sure if the two are related or not, but my 6 other CCB controllers are fine for now. 

I created a ticket, but will probably pick up another CCB controller because I don't have time to wait for the repair. I am a little frustrated and worried because of not knowing the cause. I just hope my other controllers aren't at the end of their short life too.

I have come to the conclusion that since my show is currently 1/10th of what I picture it being in the future, I am going to have to get an electrician out here this year to add some more circuits.

Edited by robigd

• The topic was locked