Light-O-Rama Forums

sd card

180lights

Don't use a director myself, and others will correct me if I wrong, but i think you have to build a show in the hardware utility in the LOR MP3 tab

5 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Don't use a director myself, and others will correct me if I wrong, but i think you have to build a show in the hardware utility in the LOR MP3 tab

That's correct. It's easy and walks you straight through.

And save yourself a headache or five - only use Lexar or Kingston cards. Stay 120% away from Sandisk - have to cross fingers and hold it down the entire time to get it to work. 

FYI

There are two ways to create an SD card with shows on it for the miniDirector.

1. Simple Show Builder – this application creates a single, non-interactive show. It is simple and intuitive to use.

2. Hardware Utility – this application allows access to the full capabilities of the miniDirector. Multiple shows with interaction are possible.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

FYI

There are two ways to create an SD card with shows on it for the miniDirector.

1. Simple Show Builder – this application creates a single, non-interactive show. It is simple and intuitive to use.

2. Hardware Utility – this application allows access to the full capabilities of the miniDirector. Multiple shows with interaction are possible.

Thanks Mr. P.

For clarification - when I said easy - I was thinking #1, not #2. 

• Like 1

I've also discovered that even though I can save my show to a 4GB card, it won't play.  But if I put the *exact same files* on an 8GB card I have no problems.  So weird.

1 hour ago, 180lights said:

Having problems with putting music file on simple show builder any help would be appreciated 

It pulls the mp3 with your sequence file  from internal files. You don't "do" anything extra yourself for the sound transfer. 

Make sure you're selecting the correct items when building the show in 2 areas. 

1 - select correct device, like miniDirector. 

2 - select the .lms sequence files only. 

Try building your show with just 2 songs. Then after you get everything worked out, go back and do the entire show. 

58 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

If that question is to me - yes. Both were Samsung SD cards.

Yes. 

LOR recommends Kingston. You might just have been lucky that either one of the Samsungs even worked at all.