Light-O-Rama Forums

Convert existing CCR sequence to DMX?

mcompanik

I have all of my sequences done with a 12 CCR tree, and I tested the CCR's today after the tree went up (yes, I did test them before it went up also), and I have 3 ribbons that aren't working properly. I have had the same issues with ribbons in the past, and it has turned out to be bad ribbons. So, instead of replacing 3 ribbons at 170.00 each, I was looking into converting over to Holiday Coro's Mega Tree setup. My question is: Is there an easy way to convert my completed CCR sequences to DMX? I am looking to place my order with either LOR or Holiday Coro no later than tomorrow. Any help is appreciated.

The first couple years that I had a 12 string pixel tree, I sequenced it in SuperStar as if it was CCRs.  I did this because of pixel count limitations with the S3 software.  After SuperStar exported the sequence, in Sequence Editor I would select the entire sequence, and copy it.  I would then paste the entire sequence into a new sequence that had my DMX channel assignments.  It took it a while, but it would do it.  I no longer use this method because major changes with S4 no longer require it.

.  It took it a while, but it would do it.  I no longer use this method because major changes with S4 no longer require it.

Then how do you do it? I have s4 and xlights and I'm constantly exporting from xlights to lms then opening the lms in se then copying/pasting everything into my main sequences and if there's an easier way I'd love to know! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, basis21b said:

I'll let others speak to the conversion to DMX.  I suggest you check out the LOR warranty.  http://www1.lightorama.com/warranties/

You can get replacement strips from LOR for a whole lot less than $170.  

Unfortunately, they are out of warranty. The replacement ribbon from LOR in their store is 169.95 each.

14 hours ago, mcompanik said:

<snip>Is there an easy way to convert my completed CCR sequences to DMX? </snip>

Cntl-C   followed by  Cntl-V  :)             There are some differences but nothing too hard.    You didn't say what your config looks like now so I have to guess.  Maybe you could post or send a config and I will tell you the exact steps needed. 

If your 12 CCRs are 'as a CCR' which in SE means there are 7 macro channels tacked on the end after 150 R-G-B channels, then you will need to create a track which is lacking them.    This track will be your source to the new area of your config which holds the DMX channels. 

6 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Cntl-C   followed by  Cntl-V  :)             There are some differences but nothing too hard.    You didn't say what your config looks like now so I have to guess.  Maybe you could post or send a config and I will tell you the exact steps needed. 

If your 12 CCRs are 'as a CCR' which in SE means there are 7 macro channels tacked on the end after 150 R-G-B channels, then you will need to create a track which is lacking them.    This track will be your source to the new area of your config which holds the DMX channels. 

Here is my config. I took out the macros before I sequence. The mega tree starts at CCD A12. I run the tree on an aux network.

House 2016.lcc

You have 10 AC controllers and 2 CCRs on Reg network.   Then 12 CCRs on Aux A.    There are errors in this file to correct.  Delete the 35 bottom channels which are duplicates of the 12th CCR and the macro channels.  When that is done you have a clean .lcc with no CCR macro channels.    Then you can add your DMX channels to the bottom of track one.  Make sure they are in the same order (I presume controllers at bottom lowest on left)  

For each sequence programed in SE you will copy the 12 CCR groups in one big block and paste into the 12 DMX groups.  Your very top channel is a sequence channel.  All of those will have to contain the new DMX networks and channels. 

Then how do you do it? I have s4 and xlights and I'm constantly exporting from xlights to lms then opening the lms in se then copying/pasting everything into my main sequences and if there's an easier way I'd love to know! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With S4, I sequence EVERYTHING in SuperStar and export as intensity files. My .lms files have only one channel - and that's largely because SE won't let you have none.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

You have 10 AC controllers and 2 CCRs on Reg network.   Then 12 CCRs on Aux A.    There are errors in this file to correct.  Delete the 35 bottom channels which are duplicates of the 12th CCR and the macro channels.  When that is done you have a clean .lcc with no CCR macro channels.    Then you can add your DMX channels to the bottom of track one.  Make sure they are in the same order (I presume controllers at bottom lowest on left)  

For each sequence programed in SE you will copy the 12 CCR groups in one big block and paste into the 12 DMX groups.  Your very top channel is a sequence channel.  All of those will have to contain the new DMX networks and channels. 

Bob, sent you an email.

8 hours ago, mcompanik said:

Unfortunately, they are out of warranty. The replacement ribbon from LOR in their store is 169.95 each.

I think you missed this part of the warranty.  If you return the bad ones you can get new ones for 60% of list.  That is significantly less than $170.  

Unconditional lifetime replacement policy

Regardless of current end user, any Light-O-Rama hardware device that fails for any reason (e.g. eaten by dog, no longer like the color) can be replaced with the same or current equivalent unit for 60% of the current list price of the new unit.  The end-user is responsible for shipping the old unit back to Light-O-Rama and for the shipping costs of the new unit.  In the event that there is no current equivalent for an Light-O-Rama device, Light-O-Rama will make every attempt to work out an equitable solution. Light-O-Rama will also honor this policy for any other manufacturer’s device for which we currently have a comparable device.  Contact the Light-O-Rama helpdesk to obtain more information.

Is your CCR tree programmed in SuperStar? 

If so, then you can open the sequence (assuming S4), go to EXPORT, Export in Legacy Mode and UNCHECK the Include Macro Channels for Cosmic Color Devices. 

If not Superstar, then you can manually remove the macro channels (7 channels * 12 ribbons = 84 macro channel deletes.)

Of if you have the CCR tree sequence isolated. I have a program that wrote a couple of years ago for doing just that. I gave to Dave (the pixel tree sequencing God!!) and he used it to provide both CCR and Pixel based version. 

It reads the file and exports it with the macro channels deleted. 

Its actually a pretty easy conversion to get from CCR to Pixel based.... Ashame though .. You have a lot of $$$ in the CCR's 

Bob 

• 4 weeks later...

Simple process, in superstar choose the configuration and set up the dmx etc also go into layout. Then export to se and it is done for you nothing else needed. 

• The topic was locked