Light-O-Rama Forums

E1.31 LORS4 Network issue.

Ralph A

I can not seem to get LOR S4 to talk friendly to my E682.  I will skip all the background on the set up unless you would like me to provide it.  I am able to control the E682, pull up the Sandevice page and run test patterns and so fort, so the hardware seems to be ok.  I believe my problem is in my software settings on S4.  I am running Multicast just like I have done in recent years.  I just can't remember what I had different in years past.  In the network preferences/DMX what should my settings be?   Adapter None, protocol DMX raw? 

Thanks for the help!

Ralph, I don't use Multicast, but I setup a multicast universe on my sequencing computer (then cancelled out of it without saving).  The IP is automatically entered when  you select Multicast.

Multi-cast.png

• Like 1

Thank you Jim!  I see I failed to add the adapter IP address like you did in your example. My memory is getting bad. I better start taking more notes. Thanks again!!!

36 minutes ago, jim.stahl said:

I am having the same problem and don't know how to fix it.

Jim

So were you able to correct the problem, need any help?

LOR is running under the control panel.  Under the LOR network program, when I change  unv 11, use E31.1 and I mark multicast, it put in a ip of 239.255.0.11.  my IP on the san device is 192.168.1.206.  do I nee to change the san device to that IP?

Nope. When setup for multicast, it inserts a dummy address.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I worked with  Ralph yesterday and we checked all the setting.  They all look correct but the LOR software still does not connect.  The network setting look correct and the San Device look correct.  I am not sure where to go next. 

Jim

Good Morning!    The LOR network settings screenshot was helpful and proved that your LOR Network Preferences setting was correct. Multicast is typically the recommended setting.  You've already cleared much of your wiring by running your SanDevice tests, so we probably just need to focus on the communications between the software and your controller.   It's always the simple stuff that trips us up, so if don't mind, lets clear a few of those out quickly. 

1. What color is the square at the bottom right of your LOR SE screen when you try to connect?

2. Is your LOR network adapter connected during your test and the "Control Lights" setting under SE/Play menu checked? The software gets lonely without it even if you're not driving LOR controllers, and SE has had a tendency to turn itself off when you're not looking during partial setups.

3. Just for giggles, can you please call up one of your pixel props in SE and screen cap the universe pop-up as well as a screen cap of your SanDevice controller screen so we can compare those settings?

13 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

Do you have your channels setup right in Se, SS, or pe

Dennis we believe they are correct. Waiting on a screen shot to confirm.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an older thread...however, I want to share my experience today as it was frustrating and this thread did in fact help me solve my problem.  The issue I had was that I didn't start the software via the LOR control panel software.  Literally everything was setup correctly the first time, I could ping my controller (AlphaPix 16) from HolidayCoro, but when I would play the sequence in sequence editor no bits were leaving my computer at all.  Interestingly, my Pixie8 with floods worked just fine without needing to open up the control panel first - so it must be that the LOR software doesn't like to broadcast the E1.31 universes unless the control panel fires up some dependent software in the suite that the Sequence Editor doesn't fire up when you press play.  Quite frustrating but glad my tree is functioning!