Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't enable show?

zvacman

I am getting an error message while trying to enable my show. I am running 6 110v 16 channel controllers, 4 27 channel RGB controllers and 3 E682 pixel controllers. I assume the comm listener needs to be running but the error message says I need to disable it to run the show. What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Z

Since you running S4, yes, the comm listener needs to be running.  I suspect you have something else going on.  Can you you post either the exact error message, or better yet, a screen capture.

22 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Since you running S4, yes, the comm listener needs to be running.  I suspect you have something else going on.  Can you you post either the exact error message, or better yet, a screen capture.

Might be calling you brother, I hope you don't mind. Do I need to set my 100v's to run on DMX and ditch the dongle? Would I have to build crossover cables for that?

Z

Are you using two USB to RS-485 adapters - one for the LOR network, and one for the DMX universe?

And I'm aiming to go to be early tonight - I've been working too hard this weekend...

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Are you using two USB to RS-485 adapters - one for the LOR network, and one for the DMX universe?

And I'm aiming to go to be early tonight - I've been working too hard this weekend...

One USB to the adapter and one regular cat5 to the 8 gigabit switch.

Z

Is the DMX being controlled as a DMX output from a E682?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

19 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

What do you mean DMX through switch.

He means that he is driving the DMX via a port on one of his E682 controllers via E1.31.

We really need to know exactly what error you get or better yet, screenshots.  Otherwise, we're guessing.