Light-O-Rama Forums

Combining CCR's

service call

Last year i started with CCR arches (4). With my lack of proper understanding, I connected each arch to its own channel, not realizing that I could put 2 CCR's per channel.

Now I'm doing more and would like to combine 2 arches into 1 channel on existing sequences. Does that make sense?

Is there a way in SuperStar to combine 2 ribbons into one channel, with out having to redo the whole sequence?

The Visualizer and SuperStar require that each CCR, CCB, or CCP have it's own unit ID. CCR controllers only allow one CCR to be attached and thus each CCR will have it's own unit ID.

CCB controllers and CCP controllers have two strings attached to them, and you can run both strings from one Unit ID, but as I indicated earlier, the Visualizer and SuperStar both require that you configure CCB and CCP controllers as "dual normal" so that each string has it's own unit ID.

service call,

I think I understand what you are asking, I too made the same mistake when I started.

What I read from your post is that you would like to combine 2 of your CCR's onto one network instead of 1 CCR on an invididual network like you have now, and not have to re-seqeunce your .sup (superstars file) from scratch is that right?

If so, I was able to do that. It will involve editing your .lee files (visualizer files, both the ROW and REAL files if you use them) and editing your .sup files (superstars file, ie. what you sequenced in superstar) You will only have to edit your .lee (visualizer files) once, then you can use then from now on. Each .sup (superstar sequence) will have to be edited. I had about 10 .sup files and it didn't takevery long once you understand what you are doing.

In doing this I HIGHLY recommend copying these files to another directory and RENAMING them. After renaming, copy them back to the original directory where they were. Do not work with the original files in case something goes wrong.

This will involve editing each file and changing every reference from the current network and changing it to what you want.

The files are all in xml format. This means you can use a text editor to modify them. I use EditPadLite http://www.editpadlite.com/ it's free and has a very handy "Search and Replace" feature.

I did this some time ago, and luckily I wrote a post about it asking if anyone else had done this. No one answered :) but at least I had documented it. Here is that post.

You will have to know what networks you have currently assigned to your CCR's and how you would like to split (modify) them.

If you have any question feel free to pm me. If need be you could send me the files and I could see what I can do. ummm provided you don't have 99 sequences :)

If this isn't what you are asking please disregard this post.

Alan...

Now that I have re-read your post I am confused about what you are calling channels. Channels vs networks?

• Like 1

I was referring to networks not channels, sorry. Thank you both that was what I was looking for (I believe). I will find out tonight and give it a shot. 

One thing I forgot to mention if it applies in your case.

I have separate .lee files (Real and RoW) for my CCR circles so I can sequence them seperate of everything else. I also have a whole yard .lee file where all the props are displayed so that when all the sequences are imported to Sequence Editor I can see the whole show at the same time. If you have this, you will need to modify that file also. Only once, as the CCR changes will be assigned to the new networks from that point on.

Alan...

Thanks for the extra info. I'm not that fancy, I just have the four arches and am wanting to add 10 more CCR's in pairs of 2 for some trees.