Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM FM transmitter sale - two models available

taybrynn

Ok, quick question: Will the EDM transmitter interface with the Pira32 RDS? If so, then yes, I would like to order the LCD model.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• taybrynn

• hobbes

• JimCanfield

• Ed Slonka Jr

I would say that its not been proven yet, but seems do-able at some point in the future.

Currently, I believe the unofficial RDS mod was released by EDM
for the LED model only. It does void the warranty.

There was a guy on the EDM yahoo group who did it (using a software based RDS encoder) ... but it was on a LED, not the LCD.

Batch #2 was closed (completed) this afternoon.

Because this deal is "ongoing" ... we are automatically now in batch #3 for anyone who orders from now forward. Once we get another 10 orders placed, batch #3 will ship out.

It seems that interest has peaked in the last week ... so you never know, batch #3 could go faster than batch #2 did. Patience is the main thing required ... typically nobody wants in for orders 1 -> 5 ... then everyone tends to jump on for orders 6->10 ... makes sense.

Batch #3 is in progress ...

PM me if your interested in a great transmitter at a discounted price.
You can purchase the LCD or the LED ... up to (2) transmitters at the sale price.

average wait has been 2-3 weeks for the first two batches, and then 10-15 days thereafter for shipping.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today from batch 2. Looks like a nice piece. I think I will work on it after a while and get it put together. Thanks for a chance to get in on these and thanks for heading it up.

Wayne

I got mine today as well, I have put it together and will test it tonight. The parts were really easy to put together, and the initial power up proved the electronics are working great.:)

Thanks for setting this up Taybrynn

-Steve

Sure. Glad to contribute in some way to all the great folks on LOR, PC and elsewhere.

For those wondering, this members sale is always underway ... or till EDM tells me its over.

We have had a couple batches (of 10+) thus far and around 30 transmitters sold to members. We are currently about 2 orders into batch#3. Folks seem really happy with this product thus far and the long term reliability of the EDM products is really great. This is the 'diamond in the rough' product for LOR user's, IMHO. Folks are reporting good range and great audio quality. I originally heard about this product from radio folks who raved about it ... and now I'm seeing why.

The first 5 orders takes around 1-2 weeks to happen ... then the last 5 can happen in a hurry, as people always want to get onboard with the minimum waiting possible.

* If your looking for a good deal on a great transmitter ... this is it.

* If your are looking for something like a Ramsey ... but for less ... this is it.

* If you are intimidated about the kit nature of these transmitters ... don't be ... even I soldered my own ... in 15 minutes. VERY SIMPLE ASSEMBLY, EVEN FOR a KLUTZ LIKE ME! I admit, I have an unsteady hand, can't solder well and even fell off the roof this year :) ... but I put this thing together on my own somehow!

The way to look into the sale, is to just "PM taybrynn" and ask about the sale link.

The reason this (PM'ing) is done, is to keep the sale limited to "Members Only" ... and keep the general (anyone) google buyers out. EDM has extended us this deal because I pointed out to them that their product is perfect for our needs as Christmas Lights enthusiasts ... and they agreed and gave us a nice discount for buying in bulk (in units of 10 at a time) from them. They (EDM) takes your orders directly, only the shipping (to you) is delayed ... so no middle man, just a little extra wait (2-3 weeks additional wait is the average so far).

Here is the detail for the EDM LCD -- their top of the line transmitter ... fully configured with metal case, power supply and test antenna included. And by the way, most folks will not need a better antenna, because it works real good with the test one thats included, even on lower power like 10mW. But this unit has more power, if need be ... and for those requiring more. Its variable controlled, so you can back it off as much as you can to be very FCC compliant in your operation.

[align=center]edmlcdgroupbuyv080508.jpg[/align]

To find out more, PM me clicking the link below ...

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/pm.php?send_to=taybrynn

Ed,

I have sent a message to EDM to make sure everything is ok with your order. I know you had ordered and LED ... but I was told they would be shipping out together.

Thanks for your patience ... I know its a terrible wait.

- - -

All,

We are now at 5 (of 10) orders on batch#3 !! ... HALFWAY THERE ... so we getting to the point where the last 5 can happen more quickly (or has in the past). Thanks for those that have already ordered for being so patient.

$ 1 4 4 + $ 1 2 for a transmitter is a great deal for members looking to provide high quality FM audio for their show or to just have a backup transmitter ... allthough I suspect this might become your main transmitter after you listen to it.

Regards,
Scott

Got it today! Just need to find time to solder it now. Thanks for everything! :)

Great news. I know that EDM traced your shipment down today and saw that it was almost to your home.

One note to folks getting their transmitters ...

Please be very careful to insert the eprom chip the correct way, or it could
accidently harm the chip ... there is a specific orientation of the chip onto the
eprom socket which is correct ... so make to be careful to place it as shown or ask someone else for help. I'll try to post a picture of the correct placement of the eprom here.

Scott

Heads Up --

We are at 7 orders on batch#3 ... only 3 more and they all ship out. Based on prior batches, this is likely to occur within the next week.

So if your in the market for a great transmitter at 10% ... consider this a great time to get one.

Batch #3 closes at 1 PST / 3MST / 4 CST / 5 PST ... on the same day we reach 10 confirmed orders ... I'll let you know when we hit 10. Traditionally, these last few orders go fast, since these folks will wait the least.

PM if interested.

Scott / taybrynn

Ok folks, if you want in on batch#3 ... now is the perfect time to act.

We are at 10 of 10 orders on the LCD ...

ORDER BEFORE MIDNIGHT (SA TIME) TODAY TO BE PART OF BATCH#3 WITH VIRTUALLY NO WAIT ...

This will show you when its midnight in SA (S. Africa), where EDM is ...

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_ZA.aspx

The ordering page will be temporarily unavailable for a few hours after midnight SA time. After that, batch#4 will start. This means we could take a few additional orders (above 10) and they would all be part of batch#3 ... so this is a great opportunity for those with a need for a great transmitter at a great price.

Please act now if you want a great deal on a transmitter and virtually no additional wait. PM me for the sale link.

Scott / taybrynn

• 2 weeks later...

I received my unit today and assembled it. Only had to solder on the power connector and insert the IC into the socket. I connected it to my PC and it works great within the house and will test the range tomorrow.

tom.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, due to lack of interest / the economy / cost of gas / ??? ...

** the EDM transmitter sale is being suspended for the summer months **

You can still buy these excellent transmitters at normal prices at the EDM web site at www.edmdesign.com .

I will start a new thread and possibly resume/restart the transmitter sale in the Fall if there is enought interest.

Have a great summer!

Regards,
Scott / taybrynn