Light-O-Rama Forums

New to pixel editor and pixel tree

jonjon_dm

New to pixel editor and pixel tree

Hi I just ordered and want to add my readymade black pixel tree kit – 16 strips of 25 pixels. I open my finish sequence editor at pixel editor and do sequence of the pixel tree and as it as intensity data. Now my questions are below:

1.      What file will I select on my simple show builder to play my sequence and pixel file? Is it the sequence editor file with PE or the Pixel editor file?

2.      I have 2 LOR unit controllers total of 32 channels where or how can I configure or set up my pixel tree? Any configuration or set up to run my pixel tree?

Thank you hoping your response.

1) You will select the Sequence Editor file when using the Simple Show Builder. The Pixel Editor sequence, even though it is a separate file, will be detected and played automatically (as long as you have not gone into your sequence directory and moved or renamed files).

2) I'm not sure what you are asking here. Do you have 2 LOR AC controllers (16 channels each)? If so, these would control lights separate from the pixel tree kit. You would use the Sequence Editor to create a sequence for these lights, and use the Pixel Editor to sequence the lights in the pixel tree kit.

Matt

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the response, kindly confirm if my steps/process is correct when doing my sequence to pixel editor and correct me if any suggestion for my steps...

I open my finish sequence editor at pixel editor and do sequence of the pixel tree and as it as intensity data. Is this correct step because I have all my sequence music at sequence editor and I just want to add on my pixel tree to my sequence editor program.

Regarding on my number 2 question

2.      I have 2 LOR unit controllers total of 32 channels where or how can I configure or set up my pixel tree? Any configuration or set up to run my pixel tree?

I have existing 2 LOR unit total of 32 channels, and now I will have the pixel tree kit, using RJ45 network should I only plug it to any LOR controller to do the light show or should I plug the pixel tree controller on one of the channel in LOR unit? please advise if any connection or configuration needed to play my 2 LOR unit and the pixel tree kit.

thank you so much.

not sure if you have the old 16 channel controllers like I have, but I had to create a second network for my PE controlled display elements as they need the enhanced protocol.

My old controllers don't support that, so I had to separate the old and the new ones on 2 different networks

Steve

Hi kindly help me to set up the pixel tree kit and to run it with my existing LOR unit, first of all how props set up kindly advise me see screenshot I want to set up in pixel editor my pixel tree kit 16 strips of 25 pixel. waiting your response and it network rj 45 to LOR unit daisy chain. so it will automatic play the sequence that made in sequence editor?

thank you 

pixel tree kit set up.jpg

hi mr p I'm already using the pro 4.2.6 I need to know the setting of that screenshot  what to put there if I want to set up my pixel tree thank you

What you ordered is eight full strings (50 pixels) which fold so in your screenshot, in the middle section " # of folds in each string" you need to put 1.

Actual # of strings is 8.

Edited by Mr. P

hi mr p yes I followed your set up but now the ready made pixel tree kit wont work any hardware configuration i just plug the network rj45 to my lor unit to pixel controller and use the shoe builder but the pixel tree not working only the lights connected to my LOR unit is working pls any advise thank you

hi sir, i just update the software as you mentioned and plug in using my laptop see screenshot BUT still I can not manage to run the pixel tree kit I used the light o rama hardware I can command power ON on the light but when I used the show builder with my program in pixel editor and sequence editor the pixel tree kit wont run and the lights wont on according to my program show, I notice only one bulb is light on on the pixel tree any good advise and solution???? its been 2 days working on it can you please help me.

pixie controller version email.png

Just now, jonjon_dm said:

Hi dennis what do you mean network preference where i can configure that??? thanks

Right click on the lightbulb, Network Preferences, you can then setup your controllers network from there,

SPaschall

15 hours ago, SPaschall said:

Are you saving the intensity data for the pixel editor? Are you running a show director or from your computer?

SPaschall

yes i open my sequence editor file to pixel editor i put the prop definition to my sequence then save it as intensity file, then i used the show builder im busing laptop and show director but both of them cannot lights on the pixie tree please help me i need it urgent im now 2 days working on it please