Light-O-Rama Forums

Rogue pixels

zvacman

I'm still setting up all of my pixels (attaching them to PVC pipe so they just snap into clips). I'm testing each section as I go to avoid any DOTH (dead on the house). I am experiencing some rogue pixels most notably on the shorter sections. I created a short test sequence that utilizes all of the pixels and colors and after full white I have the last pixel stay on red. After the next full white the second to last stays on red. What gives? The voltage has been adjusted to 12 volts on the button.

As always, thanks. Z

Where are you measuring the voltage?  I hope it's at the pixel that is furthest from the power supply and the measurement is done with all pixels set to white.

Like the new guy said drop your voltage. I find that most of my pixel nodes work better at 11.5 -11.8 volts. If your voltage is borderline High you'll have a random pixel stay on, once you start getting higher than that you'll see them all glowing red.

• Like 1

I probably should have mentioned that the short runs were only for testing. When I connected the entire out put together I no longer have any pixels staying on. Thanks for the replies.

Z

13 minutes ago, zvacman said:

I probably should have mentioned that the short runs were only for testing. When I connected the entire out put together I no longer have any pixels staying on. Thanks for the replies.

What's likely going on is that adding the entire strings has added to the current draw and resulted in dropping the voltage just enough to solve the problem.

20 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

What's likely going on is that adding the entire strings has added to the current draw and resulted in dropping the voltage just enough to solve the problem.

That's the conclusion I came to also. I was concerned about dialing the voltage back below 12 volts due to the length of a couple of my runs. I'm trying to avoid power injection due to complexity of my roof line and my extreme case of OCD, there are no visible cords on my house.?

Z

38 minutes ago, THAT-NEW-GUY said:

I'm running 800 pixels at 11.8v no power injection on my tree 4 stings of 200. No issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many pixels in your longest run? What kind of controller?

Z

10 minutes ago, THAT-NEW-GUY said:

200 is my longest. F4v2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm saving my Falcon with two 360 watt power supplies for my mega tree (next year). I'm using 3 E682's this year, it is after all my first year of RGB's and Pixels.

Z

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...