Light-O-Rama Forums

struggling with superstar need help

randy88cougar

You can email the visualization file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it.  The visualization file will end with .lee and should be at:

c:/ (your lightorama folder) / Visualizations / Editor

it seemed to be user error. after changing settings in the visualizer until the pixel tree showed full use of the strands. thank you for getting back to me so quick.

• 1 month later...

James,

I have using the superstar to add the pixels this years show. i have finally been able to try them out on the tree. I was wondering have you ever seen or heard of certain universes freezing up during sequence editor and during a test show. all products are lor. im using the pixcon16 via ethernet from a gig 8 port switch, as well as the usb to 485 for the 1 16 channel and 2 cmb 24. the pixel strips are 15' long 2811 12volt. this seems to happen on specific songs at the same time each time they are universes 5 and 7 and will have to remove the ports from the pixcon to reset. It seems to be the same strips each time. I tried to swap them into different universes and they still do it. it is only the 2

I have not heard of that happening before. Hopefully someone else can comment on this. You can also submit a help ticket.

1 hour ago, Oldjazz143 said:

this seems to happen on specific songs at the same time each time they are universes 5 and 7 and will have to remove the ports from the pixcon to reset.

As a general rule of thumb, a problem that happens at the same point in the same sequence every time is almost always a sequencing / configuration issue.

1 hour ago, Oldjazz143 said:

I tried to swap them into different universes and they still do it. it is only the 2

Your statement was vague so asking to clarify.  Do you mean that if you re-arrange strips, the problem follows the strips, or stays with the ports of the controller?

Jim, 

the pixel strips had been wired to the same cat5e and i physically moved them from one port on the pixcon16 to another. They both did exactly the same, Freeze at certain points in the sequence. I originally though it was the sequence or my channel configuration. I then swapped the green pair in the cat5e to the brown pair(both are the ground for the pixel strips) after letting my test show run for several hours it has not done it.