Light-O-Rama Forums

struggling with superstar need help

randy88cougar

so in my visualizer i  have 6 ch of dif color strings split into 2 for my gutters set to ch 1-6 on my ctb16pc unit 1. i have 10 mini trees set unit 1 ch 7-16. i have a mega tree set for unit 2 ch 1-16 ctb16pc, i have ccb pixels for my windows using 2 4 output e1.31 contollers my first 2 windows share 56 bulbs string set to dmx universe 1. window 1 28 bulbs window 2 28 bulbs universe 1 starting point pixel 29. 3 window universe 2 48 pixels, window 4 38 pixel universe 5, window 5 38 pixel universe 6, my left garage 55 pixels universe 7 and right garage 55 pixels universe 8. on my garages when i select 55 pixels it prompts me to assign 5 remaning pixels i dont know what to do with this.when in supertstar when using instant sequence it makes 18 rows and when doing a full morph instant sequence, pixels 46-55 on left garage and pixels 51 thru 55 on right garage go the wrong way they just dont sequence the same even though i have all the rows in the timming grid checked off the same. actually i just wrote a visualizer for just the garages and in instant sequence it pulls up 13 rows and does the exact same thing pixels 46-55 and 51 thru 55 dont sequence right. i just cant understand what i am doing wrong. i am so close to getting what i want but yet so far.

First of all, if they are pixels running under E1.31, they are not CCBs.  CCBs are a specific LOR product and they don't run from an E1.31 controller.  Please tell us what controllers you are using (may or may not help), and what kind of pixels you are using (2801, 2811, 2812, etc).  Lay it out as pixels instead of Cosmic Color Devices, and it will be far happier with 55 pixels.

3 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

First of all, if they are pixels running under E1.31, they are not CCBs.  CCBs are a specific LOR product and they don't run from an E1.31 controller.  Please tell us what controllers you are using (may or may not help), and what kind of pixels you are using (2801, 2811, 2812, etc).  Lay it out as pixels instead of Cosmic Color Devices, and it will be far happier with 55 pixels.

they are brilliant bulbs from holidaycoro and 2 4 output e1.31 contollers  alphapix 4 from holidaycoro. i think i am laying it out as pixels i am not sure if i am doing that right. in visualizer i select dmx and select 55 pixels

25 minutes ago, randy88cougar said:

they are brilliant bulbs from holidaycoro and 2 4 output e1.31 contollers  alphapix 4 from holidaycoro. i think i am laying it out as pixels i am not sure if i am doing that right. in visualizer i select dmx and select 55 pixels

Thank you for the information.  Describing your brilliant bulbs as CCBs is roughly equal to asking a Ford mechanic for a specific issue with your Fiat.

If you use the "Draw Pixel String" tool (about 2/3 across the lower set of icons), it will let you select any length that you want, and any starting pixel.  About the only thing you can't do is create a single fixture that crosses from one universe to another.

BTW, I can't help you with configuring your Alphapix controllers as I don't own any, but there are others here on the forum that do.

Send me your visualization (or both of them if you use a different arrangement for row vs real), and I'll take a look.  If you use a background photo in visualizer, send that as well.
jim@k6ccc.org

Sorry, I am actually in El Salvador attending a friend's wedding. I do not have access to the internet every day and I just saw this. I will be back home on Thursday.

K6ccc, thank you for taking care of this. It looks like you gave good advice!

hey brian thanks for chiming in, it shows real support knowing your out of country but still keeping an eye out on the forums. i have plenty of time to resolve this issue so no worries enjoy your time before it gets crazy for you. hopefully K6ccc will be able to straighten me out.

Brian, I think I can help him out. I have looked briefly at the Visualization file, and it's actually not too bad, but a few things to clean up.

Enjoy El Salvador.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

sorry I'm new to this site hope this proper way to ask questions......my name is roger my 3rd year with lor I have 128ch ac, I also have 11 ribbons ws2811x240 800 smart pixel node mega tree as well as rgb nodes for small trees and arches.....im using some 30ch rgb controllers couple alpha pix controllers for the smart strips/pixels.... I'm using lor pro version software with the superstar 20ccr addon........my question is while creating a visualizer of my home so I can outline eves I draw the line 5 points and say its ribbon but it keeps adding like 4ccrs  in one section of eve, it seems it wants a ccr for every 50 pixels but my ribbons have 80 2811 chips controlling 240 pixels, how do I fix this???? my next step is 100 smart pixel arches...please advise thank you.....also if someone replies not sure how I get response so this my email....I know I know NEWBIES.....LOL.....hyper82mustang@hotmail.com

When you either draw house lines or use any of the wizards you need to be picking the option DMX pixels. Sounds you you are choosing CCR which is the default.

• Like 1

In the visualizer there is a "Draw Cosmic Color Pixel" tool and a "CCR Draw Wizard" tool. Both of these tools are designed for Light-O-Rama Cosmic Color Devices which includes CCRs, CCBs, and CCPs.

Your ribbons are not Cosmic Color Devices so you want to use the "Draw Pixel String" tool. 

• Like 1

that problem solved thank you, in video tutorial she only used ac channels but I'm trying to do it in pixels and ribbons....one last question for mega tree i use 16 strings of smart pixls with no folds 180degree tree but it keeps saying 3 folds.....woud there be any other videos that i coud watch instead of being the newbie???lol

I'm simply tying to use the auto sequence part of software I'm not even sure if this the proper steps, visualizer first with all channels locked and loaded first

There are no other videos, and as you say the video only introduces you to regular strings of lights.

It sounds like you are using the tree wizard. If you are using DMX pixels and pixel 1 is at the bottom then in the tree wizard specify "DMX Pixels Edge to Center"

After clicking OK on the tree wizard dialog box, a message box will pop up with 3 options, use the default which is the top option.

How many pixels are in each string of your 180 degree tree?

Just for some followup, Randy (the original poster of this thread) sent me his visualization file.  I have cleaned it up A LOT and it now imports almost correctly into SuperStar - one channel places incorrectly, but I'll fix that this evening.  Later in the evening, Randy and I are going to spend some time on the phone while going over his files to help him learn better ways to do things.

There are no other videos, and as you say the video only introduces you to regular strings of lights.

It sounds like you are using the tree wizard. If you are using DMX pixels and pixel 1 is at the bottom then in the tree wizard specify "DMX Pixels Edge to Center"

After clicking OK on the tree wizard dialog box, a message box will pop up with 3 options, use the default which is the top option.

How many pixels are in each string of your 180 degree tree?

Hi I'm using 50 smart

pixels per string 16 strings in a 180Deg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So i started to use super star program last night. i created my template on Viz and imported into superstar. somehow nothing is adding up. i am using this year

1 ctb16 channel 120 volt

2 24 channel cmb

1 16 channel pixcon16 in dmx.

I wanted to to build 16' mega tree with 7 smart pixel strip at 150 pixels

1 15' dumb rgb with 8strips

2 150 pixel leaping arches.

As i use the superstar to import this set up. it loses the channels.

Any thoughts as to why?

Lor pro with superstar 8ccr

6 minutes ago, Oldjazz143 said:

As i use the superstar to import this set up. it loses the channels.

What exactly do you mean by "it loses the channels"?  I can think of several meanings to that statement.