Light-O-Rama Forums

Setup Begins

dgrant

Setup is done! Hooked everything up and had a flawless first run so that's either luck or good planning lol. Tomorrow night is going to be fun! Neighbors already seem to love it from what they saw during my test run so I don't expect any issues there. Now to get some videos so I can share with all of you the display, good or bad haha.

Must be nice, I have never done a first run and not had some sequencing issues that I failed to notice on the visualizer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, 1983ss454 said:

Must be nice, I have never done a first run and not had some sequencing issues that I failed to notice on the visualizer lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went over every song probably 20 times after it was "done." And painstakingly looked at every beat and each effect to make sure there were no quirks that would surprise me on the first night. It was definitely worth it because the show has a real depth and polish to it.

Mine went live Thursday night! Saw a few issues which I resolved yesterday. String disconnected on one arch segment and two pixel arches not functioning was a wrong IP address in the NP program. All working now. Lots and lots of cars watching already too! Guessing that word is getting around. Now time to take it easy and hope all works normally for the whole season.

I did a dress rehearsal at about midnight after Thanksgiving (with the yard speakers off due to the time of night).  I made some notes, but the only thing that had to be fixed was that my new Tune To signs were not on during one song.  That was a two minute fix.  Made a couple other tweeks, but nothing major.  Just had to build and install the perimeter string of GE Color Effects bulbs and install them on Friday.  Then bake the chocolate chip cookies for the opening night event.

Friday evening, everything pre-show was working fine (the landscape lighting was running, music from Zara Radio with the right announcements, and the yard speakers were on).  Right on schedule at 6:59:45, the landscape lighting went dark, and at 7:00:00 the first piece in the startup section started playing - with no audio from the yard speakers.  Quickly jumped into the truck and turned on the stereo and opened the windows.  A few minutes later went into the house, grabbed a plug strip and moved the plugs for the amplifiers for the yard speakers into an un-switched source.  After the show I looked to see what went wrong.  I found that when I edited the show in Show Editor, I had not changed the yard amps animation from the 2015 version to the 2016 version of the file.  The problem was that the controller number and LOR network assignment had changed during the off season.  15 second fix in the Show Editor, and two minutes to move the power plugs for the amps back to the LOR controlled outlets, so that should be right tonight...

Edited by k6ccc

• The topic was locked