Light-O-Rama Forums

Change song without losing sequence?

Idiotfiasco

I built a sequence for a song and found another version of the same song with identical beat timing. Is there a way to change the song without losing the sequence I created?

If the new song exact same length as the old one, you can Edit -> Media File.

If it's any different in length, then I would suggest creating a new sequence, but then copy/pasting the timing grids and events to the new sequence. If you don't know already, you can make a template of your channel layout via Edit (I think that's the menu) Import/Export -> Export. Then when you create a new sequence, you can use that template to define the channels quickly.

If you are referring to SuperStar, click on the File menu and select "Open Audio File" and it will load another audio file, and when it does so it will not changed the effects in the sequence. Except, realize that it will change the length of the sequence to match the length of the new audio file. If the new audio file is shorter than the previous one you will receive a warning that you will lose any effects that are beyond the end of the new audio file. But the effects that are before the new audio file will still be there.