Light-O-Rama Forums

please help

randy88cougar

i am using SS instant sequencer this year to help me get started. on my gutters i have 6 sets of c9 bulbs each a different color, when i create just a simple string in the visualization. it gives me option to add colors,unit and circuit numbers, which i set to unit 1 circuit 1-6 for each color. from there i open SS and import the visualization. when i use instant sequence it looks like it plays fine ,but when i export it to SE only 4 channels show up seems like channels 1 and 3 are missing. anyone have any ideas it must be a setting or something.

1 hour ago, randy88cougar said:

i am using SS instant sequencer this year to help me get started. on my gutters i have 6 sets of c9 bulbs each a different color, when i create just a simple string in the visualization. it gives me option to add colors,unit and circuit numbers, which i set to unit 1 circuit 1-6 for each color. from there i open SS and import the visualization. when i use instant sequence it looks like it plays fine ,but when i export it to SE only 4 channels show up seems like channels 1 and 3 are missing. anyone have any ideas it must be a setting or something.

Double check your controller settings in VI to be sure it's correct. Sometimes just closing SS and restarting it will fix it.

In my opinion for regular lights - separate them into lines stacked above each other, spaced out a little and save as same name_row. Then import visualization pairs, row & real. You'll get better performance / control of the regular lights. 

On 10/12/2016 at 8:00 AM, Mr. P said:

As far as running one controller and using extensions to cover your entire house keep in mind that extensions can't be any longer then 10-15 feet without having to install null pixels to rejuvenate the data signal. If you don't want to use null pixels then more then likely one controller will not cover your house.

Personally I use four smaller controllers to cover the front of my house which is 85' from end-to-end instead of one larger controller to cover the same distance.

You have to be strategic in where you place controllers and plan everything out before you buy.

When you have multiple strings of regular lights superstar only supports 4 different colors of lights. And it has to map the colors to Red, Green, Blue, or White. This handles the typical case of putting a red string of lights, a green string of lights, a blue string of lights, and a white string of lights on a roofline, window or mega tree strand. But if you have more that 4 strands then superstar does not support it

However, as a workaround you could split up your strings into two fixtures. You could put 4 strings in one fixture and 2 in another, or you could put 3 in each fixture. Then each fixture will show up as a different square on the sequencing grid.

Hope that makes sense.

8 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

When you have multiple strings of regular lights superstar only supports 4 different colors of lights. And it has to map the colors to Red, Green, Blue, or White. This handles the typical case of putting a red string of lights, a green string of lights, a blue string of lights, and a white string of lights on a roofline, window or mega tree strand. But if you have more that 4 strands then superstar does not support it

However, as a workaround you could split up your strings into two fixtures. You could put 4 strings in one fixture and 2 in another, or you could put 3 in each fixture. Then each fixture will show up as a different square on the sequencing grid.

Hope that makes sense.

Wow, I didn't even think about the colors. That's why we're lucky you're always looking out for us. Thanks. ?

yes that should probably work i wont know till mid nov when i put the lights up how it will look. but it definitely make sense to do it that way thanks .