Light-O-Rama Forums

2016 Halloween Light Show

marsh28

Added a 17 x 36 ping pong ball matrix, a fully animated character with moving torso, head, and arms, and other stuff.  Had to darken the video a bit to make sure the pixel board didn't blow out the rest of the show.  Enjoy....  

• Like 3

Thanks.  For the life of me, I couldn't get the right balance between the pixel matrix in front and the animated characters in back.  The video is a bit too dark for my liking but it gives you the idea.  In reality, the show is WAY brighter...

I know what you mean about recording video of the display at night.  I put up a 12 string pixel tree and have the same problem with balancing its brightness with the rest of the display.  I turned down the intensity in my sequences for the tree by 20% and it helps some but any more than that and the colors won't look right.

Guess I need to invest in a new camera.  This was taken with my Samsung S6 Edge which usually takes pretty good video.  However light videos are always tricky...

Very cool! I gotta get my video up now!

One suggestion for the matrix brightness issue, is to turn the brightness of the matrix down on the controller for video then turn it back up when you are done.

1 hour ago, marsh28 said:

How do you turn the brightness down?

what type of pixel controller do you use for it? E6804, E682?

You can duplicate the video in your editor, create a mask around the matrix, then lower the intensity of the bottom video.

I created masks and colour graded parts of my show individually, to increase vibrancy and even once changed a colour for a few seconds.

My last sequence is Mr. Roboto by Stix.  Was testing it tonight and HOLY cow, its easily the best I've ever done.  Very excited to get some video...

• Like 2