Light-O-Rama Forums

Hey Guys Newbie Here!!

zeitlerusmc

Hey guys great forum here. So quick info on me, live out in the desert of AZ, I have always enjoyed putting up lights, our family never had much money so Christmas wasn't about the presents it was about THE LIGHTS. I remember really getting into lights when i was about 8. I would scare the hell out of my mom up on the roof trying to get the strand of lights perfectly straight :)

So now im 32 wife and one little girl, and finally got some coin together and bought a LOR starter kit. It took me 2 hours to make a sequence for a 2:42 minute song, is that about right? To make things worse I'm completely musically handicapped, I could not keep a beat for the life of me, so just trying to get a baseline was hard enough. I'm starting to get a better handle on all the sequence builder options but man it is over whelming!! 

So saying that, does anyone have sequences they would like to share, not picky nothing crazy just the usual Christmas classics. I would like to see how you guys build your sequences. I have spent a lot of time on you tube watching all the LOR instructional videos too, they help. 

Thanks in advance guys!!! 

SEMPER FI

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zeitlerusmc said:

Hey guys great forum here. So quick info on me, live out in the desert of AZ, I have always enjoyed putting up lights, our family never had much money so Christmas wasn't about the presents it was about THE LIGHTS. I remember really getting into lights when i was about 8. I would scare the hell out of my mom up on the roof trying to get the strand of lights perfectly straight :)

So now im 32 wife and one little girl, and finally got some coin together and bought a LOR starter kit. It took me 2 hours to make a sequence for a 2:42 minute song, is that about right? To make things worse I'm completely musically handicapped, I could not keep a beat for the life of me, so just trying to get a baseline was hard enough. I'm starting to get a better handle on all the sequence builder options but man it is over whelming!! 

So saying that, does anyone have sequences they would like to share, not picky nothing crazy just the usual Christmas classics. I would like to see how you guys build your sequences. I have spent a lot of time on you tube watching all the LOR instructional videos too, they help. 

SEMPER FI

Welcome to the hobby or should I say the madness.  Most of us here are mental telepathy challenged so you'll have to post your email address if you want any help  ?

Edited by Bill P
Stupid autocorrect

Oh man!! thank you so much that was a great list of music. Sadly I must be doing something wrong because  I'm getting 1 or 2  error message one is saying file can not be located even though I downloaded it to my sequences folder in LOR and the second is saying something about channels and back ground image. The channels error just sounds like that specific show uses more channels than my single LOR box has (16) and the image message i'm not sure about? But I'll figure it out one way or another. Thanks again!!!

Edited by zeitlerusmc

All audio files must be put in the Audio folder and sequences in the sequence folder. You may still have to click edit, media file, then point to the audio folder and click on the right audio file. As for the image error it's not a big deal, the sequence will run with out it. 

6 hours ago, zeitlerusmc said:

zeitlerusmc@gmail.com :P

Sent a list of sequences to your email. Let me know which ones you would like and I'll send them your way. I have videos of some of them on youtube under vinkdragon channel.

vinchief thank you I returned your email!! Bill P I downloaded the mps for wizards of winter added it to my LOR audio folder and I have your sequence in my sequence folder but it is still giving me an error saying it can not find the mp3 file. Im stumped! 

47 minutes ago, zeitlerusmc said:

vinchief thank you I returned your email!! Bill P I downloaded the mps for wizards of winter added it to my LOR audio folder and I have your sequence in my sequence folder but it is still giving me an error saying it can not find the mp3 file. Im stumped! 

You may still have to click "edit",scroll down to "media file", then point to the audio folder and click on the right audio file.the one that's named the same way (same spelling) 

On 2016-10-22 at 5:00 AM, zeitlerusmc said:

SEMPER FI

Hey Bud

How many channels?  I have some 16 channels. 

HI ALL!!!

Newbie this year... and I have 16 channels right now.... if you have any you are willing to share to help me get started... I actually bought 3 and have done 1 myself... but has taken me quite a while...still trying to figure it all out....   I need to know where to get the music files too.... This is just so overwhelming from Mr. Christmas where I just plugged stuff in..

My email is andismom529@yahoo.com

Thank you all in advance!!!

• Like 1

e mail me your addy and I will send you a couple files I have. will be 32 and 8 channels stuff but you can copy paste the sections you want to use in your show.

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Edited by Old Sarge