Light-O-Rama Forums

Testing Issues

submarine guy

Bought 5 used controllers from two members.  Had video proof they worked before I received them.  Can't seem to get them to work in the hardware utility under the test sequence to confirm they still work.  Green heartbeat flashes and remains steady when an apparent signal is being sent but nothing happens with my lights that I have plugged in.  The odd thing is that when a light string is plugged into channel 1 or 2 the lights will come on and go out every so often with no commands being sent to them.

Check to see what is the Max Unit ID in your search in the HU.  If for example, you have your Max Unit ID set to 10, and the unit under test is Unit ID 25, the HU won't find it.

Just now, submarine guy said:

Max unit is ten and unit id is 1

Are you sure?  If this is a controller bought from someone else, it could be a much higher number.

You can also try using the set ID of any connected controller (sorry, I don't have the HU handy in front of me to get the exact wording).

Yes I'm sure. I used the HU to change the unit id to 1. It's also the only unit connected and located by the utility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I'm a bit confused then. I was understanding that you were not seeing the controllers with the HU, but I'm gathering that is not the case.

Having re-read your original message, what do you mean by the test sequence in the HU? Could the controller have a stored sequence that is running and confusing what you are testing? You can erase stored sequences using the HU (I'm on my phone so I can't tell you exactly how to do that).

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

I fixed it. Reset the board. Now it works correctly but I'm going to guess a triac is going bad.

In the hardware utility you can call up the light console and test intensity from 0-100. It wouldn't do anything. If I enabled a show on the control panel it wouldn't do anything.