Light-O-Rama Forums

What Time Do You End Your Show?

Dcroc

I have been keeping my lights going until 10pm on weekends, but usually cut them off at 9 on weekdays. I am always afraid the neighbors will start to complain if I am not careful about this.  Just wondering what everyone else does? 

10:00 Monday through Thursday, and 11:00 PM on Friday through Sunday.

The neighbor across the street (who would be most affected) loves my lights.  She tells me that she regularly sits in her living room and watches out the large window with the stereo turned to my FM.  The neighbors on either side of me also enjoys the lights.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

The neighbor across the street (who would be most affected) loves my lights.  She tells me that she regularly sits in her living room and watches out the large window with the stereo turned to my FM.  The neighbors on either side of me also enjoys the lights.

Ditto

1 hour ago, Dcroc said:

I have been keeping my lights going until 10pm on weekends, but usually cut them off at 9 on weekdays. I am always afraid the neighbors will start to complain if I am not careful about this.  Just wondering what everyone else does? 

Same here.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

My neighbor across the street hates the lights. Her kids love them, though, so it has bought me some tolerance.  I know that living across the street, or even next to me, during the holidays is not always easy.

My show is completely silent with FM transmitter and car radios only.  And lucky for me, the four immediate neighbors mostly have bedrooms on the far sides of their houses so dont see the lights.   

To be nice to my neighbors,  I dont keep them guessing on when the show ends.   For the last four years, mine runs every hour its dark outside to 6am.   The main shows go to about 10pm during the build up and to 11 or 12 as Christmas approaches.   After the main show ends the show 'goes to sleep' but any drive by guest can turn on the show using my website.  They can request one song at time and must keep requesting or the show goes back to sleep.   I am very friendly with my neighbors.  Our kids play together, we have block parties etc.  Non have complained about lights after 10pm.

Sunday - Thursday off at 9:30.  Friday and Saturday off at 10:30.

Or whenever the street clears after those times.

9:30 from Sunday - Thursday and 10:00 on the weekends. Will vary it a little here and there but that's generally what I run. Neighbors haven't complained yet.

I may be the most cautious of irritating my neighbors of all of you! I only run Sundays from dusk until 9:00 p.m.! Other nights, and once the show ends on Sunday I go to a static show that turns everything off by 11 every night. This is only my 3rd year with a show, music is only available via FM and the 20 minute show runs approximately every 30 minutes.

On 10/16/2016 at 6:57 PM, mpageler said:

10 on Sun-Thur

11 on Fri-Sat

Pretty much the same here for me.   Only difference is on Halloween or Christmas {if I have a show} those nights the lights go until 12am, but ONLY on those days.   Rest of the time, it's the same as quoted above.

Another 10pm Sunday thru Thursday nights and 11pm on Friday and Saturday nights here. We also go later on Christmas and New Year's Eve.

Halloween
Sun - Thur - 6:45 - 9
Fri- Sat - 6:45 - 9:30

I think I kept the Christmas on later since its not as bright.  

Last year I ran 5:30 - 10:30 on weeknights, and 5:30 - 11:30 on weekends. We started early because we found that it was dim enough at that time that the show could still be seen.  I didn't have an actual "show" but did a static song followed by a sequenced song, then static, then sequenced.

This year since I am doing a full 45 minutes of programmed songs, I'm going to start at 6 p.m. and have it end at midnight.  Then on the Friday before Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve and Christmas day evening we'll go until 1 a.m. since we're not traveling.

Since our lights are not super-wacky (no flashing strobes or spotlights), our neighbors don't mind it going late.  I do have music piped to the outside for folks walking by, but it is only just loud enough for those in front of our house to hear.  When you walk to the houses on either side of us, or cross the street, it cannot be heard, so it does not affect our neighbors.

Mine runs everyday 5:00pm-10:00pm from day after thanksgiving thru new years.

FM transmittal as well as speakers (set low as to not disturb neighbors). One neighbor says he's adding another blanket to his bedroom window as he knows it will be much brighter this year (adding 3,000 more pixels)!

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, k6ccc said:

Same for me.  But this year I have a new neighbor across the street so we shall see.  I've already bought some dark curtains just in case.;)

Last year it was 4-6:45 on weekdays and 4-7 on weekends.

This year I have an FM transmitter, so main speakers will turn off, then the second lot closer to the road turns off a little later, and the FM broadcast can stay on as late as I want.

When I was outside testing, I heard a child who lives in the house next to the one opposite say "Yay, the Christmas lights have gone off", at part of a sequence where the lights go dark for a second. I don't know why. They must be against Christmas or something.

Edited by EmmienLightFan