Light-O-Rama Forums

uMP3g3 Generation 3- hooking up to controller

Brianc_1978

so I have the  uMP3g3 Generation 3  for playing music when I plug it in to my controller, it gets power but the controller continues to say no connection.. Thats even w/ using the sd card that came with it. The help desk is slow on responding and not very helpful. so I'm hoping some here can help me. 

What type of controller?  "but the controller continues to say no connection" I'm assuming this means the 1602, right? 

SD Card that came with it ... from LOR? I think they go with Units 1,2,3,4, etc. What unit number are you testing with?

Do you have a software license? If so, create a test sequence with just that unit number, set to run anytime, and see what happens.

Yes I have the 1602.

The SD card is the one that came with it from LOR. I created my own show that works fine from a laptop and is set to run anytime. I have my show set for unit 1, 2. I have the MP3 player plugged in unit 2 but I have unit 1 hooked up to unit 2. Both units say no connection on them. Yes I have a software license. I believe there is something wrong w/ the mp3 player but I have to jump through hoops to try to get there w/ the help desk.

Okay, it's working from the laptop.

Create a test show and write it to a new SD card. Make the show a simple all on, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

If that works then you know it's not the mp3 director. It could be a SD card issue.

It's not an SD card issue as but that didn't work either. I know 100% it's not a SD card issue...it's not resolved

FYI:  I'm the one working on your help desk ticket.  We are not making you jump through hoops, we simply need to understand the issue. You may THINK it is not an SD card issue, but until you perform the troubleshooting we gave you we don't know that.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any updates on this issue?  This sounds surprisingly close to my issue that "Wierd Stuff" Dan is working on, except mine is a loud audio 'thump' (ala, it powers down and up between sequences) when the show is triggered or in between sequences.  I have (11) LOR1602g3's chained to the LOR1602g3MP3 and they ALL scroll 'no comm' while it's waiting for the next sequence.

Yes, there is a help desk ticket on mine and Dan has a couple of show files in his possession.  Just anxiously awaiting a fix.

1 hour ago, keyboards said:

Has there been any updates on this issue?  This sounds surprisingly close to my issue that "Wierd Stuff" Dan is working on, except mine is a loud audio 'thump' (ala, it powers down and up between sequences) when the show is triggered or in between sequences.  I have (11) LOR1602g3's chained to the LOR1602g3MP3 and they ALL scroll 'no comm' while it's waiting for the next sequence.

Yes, there is a help desk ticket on mine and Dan has a couple of show files in his possession.  Just anxiously awaiting a fix.

These problems are completely unrelated.