Light-O-Rama Forums

Recommendations for Snowflake projector

Sctiger

This is my first year putting together a show and the snowflake have caught my eye as possible additions in the show. Does anyone have any recommendations  (good or bad) on these?

I tried one of those projectors and it didn't work well for me. It wasn't bright enough I had to replace the light a few times and I had to play with it every time it snowed. But it could have been the brand that I tried I think it was something called mr. Christmas. I think you'll find most of the people here will use a series of snowflakes on the side of their house hooked up to a controller. I'm pretty sure it would be very tough to get a projector timed with the music. I had my projector before I got sucked into this madness

Edited by Ebuechner

We use a floodlight that projects floating snowflakes on our garage door.  It was pretty cheap and is a nice effect on the door so that it has some visual interest.  It runs separately from our light show - it's not part of that at all.

Edited by Jaynee

33 minutes ago, Jaynee said:

We use a floodlight that projects floating snowflakes on our garage door.  It was pretty cheap and is a nice effect on the door so that it has some visual interest.  It runs separately from our light show - it's not part of that at all.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Projector I guess isn't the right word to use.  The ones I saw where basic floodlights on a stake.  I wasn't looking to time them to music. I thought on some of the songs like "Baby Please come home" that mention snow/snow falling that it would kind of be a nice effect to throw in..and since I've kind of run out of decorating ideas and have a few channels left lol.

You have a few channels left, we can't have that! There starting to put all the Christmas stuff out at Home Depot ,Menards, Lowe's, and all the other stores. I'm sure you can find something. Have you thought about one of those laser light shows? And the unit that I had was kind of a flood light with a wheel that you could change out with images on it for different seasons, it had a couple of mirrors you could adjust the focus and the speed at the wheel turned.https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjUg43H1cbPAhUMrGkKHfcXBrEYABAf&sig=AOD64_3a2R5MsMId_rMKx1Thgq8ENdEqoQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwip1__G1cbPAhUCNqwKHYUmCy8Qwg8INg&adurl=

18 minutes ago, Ebuechner said:

You have a few channels left, we can't have that! There starting to put all the Christmas stuff out at Home Depot ,Menards, Lowe's, and all the other stores. I'm sure you can find something. Have you thought about one of those laser light shows? And the unit that I had was kind of a flood light with a wheel that you could change out with images on it for different seasons, it had a couple of mirrors you could adjust the focus and the speed at the wheel turned.https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjUg43H1cbPAhUMrGkKHfcXBrEYABAf&sig=AOD64_3a2R5MsMId_rMKx1Thgq8ENdEqoQ&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwip1__G1cbPAhUCNqwKHYUmCy8Qwg8INg&adurl=

Well...full disclosure. I was hoping to get all of my designs and sequencing done by early November because this guy comes out on 11/11.  I have about 25+ years of Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Excitebike and whatever else to catch up on. This was a bad year to start this hobby! lol

5389100cv13d.jpg

3 hours ago, Sctiger said:

Well...full disclosure. I was hoping to get all of my designs and sequencing done by early November because this guy comes out on 11/11.  I have about 25+ years of Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Excitebike and whatever else to catch up on. This was a bad year to start this hobby! lol

5389100cv13d.jpg

That's pretty cool but I don't see the point in it.  I've played video games since the late 70's and have played them way too much since then!  You can pretty much get a lot of these older games on the newer systems.  These old games are cool and they bring back those nostalgic feelings but no way do they keep my attention now the way they did back then.  Once you get used to high resolution games there's no going back.  Kind of like watching TV without High Definition....brutal!  I even have the original Atari still and it works but have no desire to play it.

17 hours ago, B.Y.R.G. said:

That's pretty cool but I don't see the point in it.  I've played video games since the late 70's and have played them way too much since then!  You can pretty much get a lot of these older games on the newer systems.  These old games are cool and they bring back those nostalgic feelings but no way do they keep my attention now the way they did back then.  Once you get used to high resolution games there's no going back.  Kind of like watching TV without High Definition....brutal!  I even have the original Atari still and it works but have no desire to play it.

My son was talking about it and he's excited. According to him the new one has an HDMI output and a lot of games that are pre-loaded. Rumors are that the old games are a little higher definition and upscaled to a widescreen format