Light-O-Rama Forums

Pre made sequences on pixels

Sizzler

Just wondering how many have tried the pre made sequences that are sold for pixels over the ribbon/strip? I take it that when using strips you get a 3 led long pixel? Which I would think be about 2 1/2-3" long per pixel compared to a half inch pixel. The reason I ask is this year I am doing a 16 strip-50 pixel per strip- 180 degree tree with 3" spacing, and wanting to purchase some pre made sequences. Just not sure how they would look on the pixels instead on ribbon? Then lastly I also noticed that these appear to be programmed with superstar and a triangle/ pyramid shaped top! I will be using the round flat top which would make all the pixels on each strand line up horizontally. Would that effect the look? Thanks

Don

Don, this is exactly how I do my tree and they look great. I do not use ribbons only bullet pixels. I too use the flat top and it looks great. I have used the pyramid shape top before too. Both look great. 

EBrown1972,

You have used the sold sequences with pictures/video on your bullet type, and they look good, or just your sequences look good?lol just want to confirm before I buy...Thanks for the reply

Don

31 minutes ago, Sizzler said:

EBrown1972,

You have used the sold sequences with pictures/video on your bullet type, and they look good, or just your sequences look good?lol just want to confirm before I buy...Thanks for the reply

Don

They look good on the trees. I am sure others will chime in soon to tell you the same thing. I will have 2 pixel trees this year. Each will have 12 strings of 50 pixels each and I use an rgb star that holds 100 pixels. Just tested one of my trees this weekend and it looked great. I did not take a video of it but the effects look fantastic.

They look good on the trees. I am sure others will chime in soon to tell you the same thing. I will have 2 pixel trees this year. Each will have 12 strings of 50 pixels each and I use an rgb star that holds 100 pixels. Just tested one of my trees this weekend and it looked great. I did not take a video of it but the effects look fantastic.

How many inches do you have separating the strings at the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Brucey said:

I want to say that last year it was right around 10 inches

19 hours ago, Brucey said:

Also for this year I used the quick tree system from holiday coro. It really keeps the pixels lined up nice, tight, and neat. I use 3 guy wires with anchors. It all works out great. My front yard is very wide so I will be having 2 of the exact same trees in the yard playing the exact same sequences.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, BMurray said:

I have a 12 string pixel tree.  Here is my setup.  I also have a strip tree.  I run the same sequence on the strip tree that I do on the pixel tree.  They both look great just a different look and perspective.  https://goo.gl/photos/yKFd1qHBRRfRiYWA7

Where did you get the topper?  Are those the pixel holders from LOR?