Light-O-Rama Forums

2016 Star Wars sequence

Ebuechner

I feel as though everything is going smooth so I recorded the simulation of my Star Wars sequence and put it on YouTube

still may have a little tweaking to do

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great Ed.  Can't wait to see it in person again this year (my son will be stoked to hear Star Wars).  

1 minute ago, jrock_at_rons said:

Looks great Ed.  Can't wait to see it in person again this year (my son will be stoked to hear Star Wars).  

How did your mini trees turn out? I know we talked about that last year

I just finished soldering the final three last night!  I'm building a frame so they will be stacked on top of one-another... 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

I cleaned out 3 Menards of them during their clearance sale last year. 

I'll post pics as I finish assembling it.  Essentially I'm hoping to have a 10' tall mega-tree made out of 15 smaller 3' mini-trees.  

I'm not sure where we left off, but with three kids, soccer, new boat, etc. I didn't have the time/patience to get into pixels this year.  I'll definitely have some for 2017 though (so I'll be messaging once the new year starts).  

1 minute ago, jrock_at_rons said:

I just finished soldering the final three last night!  I'm building a frame so they will be stacked on top of one-another... 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

I cleaned out 3 Menards of them during their clearance sale last year. 

I'll post pics as I finish assembling it.  Essentially I'm hoping to have a 10' tall mega-tree made out of 15 smaller 3' mini-trees.  

I'm not sure where we left off, but with three kids, soccer, new boat, etc. I didn't have the time/patience to get into pixels this year.  I'll definitely have some for 2017 though (so I'll be messaging once the new year starts).  

I want to see how that turns out. I bought spare mini trees if you get desperate for any. Just so you know I've been a little disappointed in the trees after a couple of years they've turned really yellow. Watch out for pixels that's a slippery slope 12501 channels this year and I'm already planning next year:D.  I have a tote filled with pixels and strips that I bought on sale for future expansion I'm not sure how many but I think it weighs about 75 pounds:o. Let me know if you need anything

3 hours ago, Ebuechner said:

Just so you know I've been a little disappointed in the trees after a couple of years they've turned really yellow. 

That's not what I want to hear!  I'm not sure if I have time to change up the game plan this year, so I might have to go with them for now.  How yellow do they get?

I'm sure I'll be in contact about the pixels.  I want to start small (and early) in the spring to see where it takes me.  

15 minutes ago, jrock_at_rons said:

That's not what I want to hear!  I'm not sure if I have time to change up the game plan this year, so I might have to go with them for now.  How yellow do they get?

I'm sure I'll be in contact about the pixels.  I want to start small (and early) in the spring to see where it takes me.  

I sent you a PM but then I decided to put it here as well so other people could see here's a link to a photo with a comparison. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDgEpqsgNhfOXkxbm10OVR0U2c/view?usp=drivesdk.   I may almost be to embarrassed to put them out. 

• The topic was locked