Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive play button on guests phones.

ItsMeBobO

Sorry I cant create a dot net framework 3 for MIIP.   I tried this a few weeks ago for k6ccc who also is on XP.  There were dozens of things I have changed over the last several years on 4.5  which wont compile on 3.     Most of the others I think can go back.   Vego and SharpIn and Marquee I think would. 

Added a new feature.   If you enter your text number into miip, you can request and be sent a text every time your show starts.  

• Like 1

This update is entirely on the Miip Server.  No download of a new Miip client version.  Sorry that was not clear. 

Edited by ItsMeBobO

• 2 weeks later...

Love the new texting stuff Bob. Been testing this for the last week or so. 

I get a text message when the show starts, that is a nice piece of mind that the show started OK when I am still at work. At the end of the show I get a summary of how many songs played, how many voted and a few other things.

Very cool..

2 minutes ago, dougd said:

Love the new texting stuff Bob. Been testing this for the last week or so. 

I get a text message when the show starts, that is a nice piece of mind that the show started OK when I am still at work. At the end of the show I get a summary of how many songs played, how many voted and a few other things.

Very cool..

+1

Thanks Doug & Phil. 

Tonight I added two other small features.  You can now create a link with an image instead of just text.    Optionally set the position of the playlist page after a refresh.   

Your show is up and running now and you can relax.  Phew..    Wait  don't you want to add that last bit of Pow  Wam  Zing amazement and make your show interactive?

You can still set up MIIP for this year.   Just click MIIP and tell me your requested four letter or number code.  

On 10/6/2016 at 1:47 PM, ItsMeBobO said:

Great Jaynee.   Just send me an email to enroll when you are ready or even if you just want to run a test.     MIIP is completely customizable to include any messages and links you want along with the currently playing song.

So I have a question - and maybe I missed this somewhere. Would this also play the music through their phone? Or do you still need a speaker/FM transmitter? 

The music is still just played locally. There would be too much delay through the cell phone.

Still works great though.

I'm using RDS on my EDM transmitter, which is using the command line in LOR.   Will there be a conflict between LOR and MIIP?   I don't want to give up the broadcast of RDS song titles.

UPDATE: Seems I have found my own answer by reading the new user docs.

Edited by Jeff140
Found Answer

• 2 weeks later...

I got a chance to play with MIIP last night. Bmurray is using it starting this year and lives about 15 minutes from me. I was over there for about an hour and for the most part was the only one there watching so I could pick and choose without bothering anyone else. It worked very well, and is something I will likely do next year.

I created an account a month or so ago, but it turns out that you can't install the required version of .net framework on a Windows XP computer, so I'm out of luck this year. I have tentatively planned on replacing the show computer in 2017, so that problem will likely go away for next year.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

Awesome Jim.   Last night was the beginning of the busy season for miip.  There were over 8000 views of the playlist and 3500 visits to the voting page.  A new record was set with 156 votes cast for a single song!

I've watched some of your videos, but there was nothing like actually playing with it on a real show.  Very cool!  Too bad I can't run it on XP - and there is no way that computer could run a newer OS).

BTW, which song got the record?

Hard for me to believe its this one.   Changed the time range a little to six hours.   There was a vote battle going on with a dozen simultaneous phones voting the others choice down. 

Frozen is finally falling down a few notches.    (FYI  Not my playlist or display.)

EDIT:   added a second picture which shows the phones engaging the site by location, minutes, pages, and votes.  Most votes for one phone 84 over 46 minutes.

miipsongrecord.jpgmiipengagementrecord.jpg

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Let It Go still seems to be my most voted song. Most nights it plays every 20 minutes which is my play between same song time.

156 votes? They must not use the 10 second rule like I do.

• The topic was locked