Light-O-Rama Forums

A Mad Russian's Christmas

BrianBruderer

I have finished "A Mad Russian's Christmas" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra for 12 CCRs and 16 CCRs.

There are places in the sequence where there are blue blocks, and they are hard to see on the computer screen. They be brighter on the actual CCRs and will show up just fine. I made the blocks be 50% intensity so they would appear more in the background and the other effects that are 100% intensity will show up more.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Can you explain how you set the 50% intensity?  Its been on my wish list of features.

Not understanding your question.  You can set any level from 0 to 100% in 10% steps.

2 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

I have finished "A Mad Russian's Christmas" by Trans-Siberian Orchestra for 12 CCRs and 16 CCRs.

Very nice Brian.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

Not understanding your question.  You can set any level from 0 to 100% in 10% steps.

When you draw an image in Super Star....How do change the intensity on that particular image?

Got it. On an image, you can't change the intensity once saved. That would be nice. However if it's just part that needs to change, you can re-write those pixels with the revised color and save with a new name.

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

On 9/22/2016 at 9:43 PM, Grinch said:

Nice video Brian.  Can you explain how you set the 50% intensity?  Its been on my wish list of features.

Brian  Any comments?

I think the feature you are asking for is the ability to select a group of effects and then be able to increase or decrease the intensity of all the colors in that group.

Related to that, folks have asked for the ability to increase or decrease the intensity of colors on the sequencing grid when working with images. In other words, it would make it easy to make dimmer versions of an image you have drawn.

Both of those features are doable and I have them on my list for next year. The order of priorities that I have right now are:

1) Improve integration of superstar with the sequence editor. Among other things it will allow putting sequences directly into existing sequences in the sequence editor, in other words no more "export to sequence editor"

2) Layers. In other words, effects on layer 1 will appear in front of effects on layer 2 and so on

3) Group modify for Text actions

4) While in "Image" mode, ability to copy a group of squares on the sequencing grid and paste them elsewhere on the sequencing grid. This makes it easier to do animations.

5) General group modify, the ability to modify attributes that are shared by all effects, which would be location and color intensity. In other words, move all effect and/or increase or decrease their color intensity.

38 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

I think the feature you are asking for is the ability to select a group of effects and then be able to increase or decrease the intensity of all the colors in that group.

Related to that, folks have asked for the ability to increase or decrease the intensity of colors on the sequencing grid when working with images. In other words, it would make it easy to make dimmer versions of an image you have drawn.

Both of those features are doable and I have them on my list for next year. The order of priorities that I have right now are:

1) Improve integration of superstar with the sequence editor. Among other things it will allow putting sequences directly into existing sequences in the sequence editor, in other words no more "export to sequence editor"

2) Layers. In other words, effects on layer 1 will appear in front of effects on layer 2 and so on

4) While in "Image" mode, ability to copy a group of squares on the sequencing grid and paste them elsewhere on the sequencing grid. This makes it easier to do animations.

5) General group modify, the ability to modify attributes that are shared by all effects, which would be location and color intensity. In other words, move all effect and/or increase or decrease their color intensity.

Brian   Yes those are the features that I am looking for in the software but my real question was how you did the " I made the blocks be 50% intensity so they would appear more in the background and the other effects that are 100% intensity will show up more." in your sequence."

6 hours ago, BrianBruderer said:

The order of priorities that I have right now are:

Since I really don't use the Sequence Editor, this is a no big deal for me.  As of this year, everything will be sequenced in SuperStar,and exported as intensity files.  However I fully realize that this one will be highly useful for other people.

This would be wonderful!  Out of curiosity, how would it deal with groups?  For example if I have layer 40 as a group, with for example something in layer 1 inside the group.  For layer ordering, would that be considered as layer 1 or inherit the group layer - 40 in this case?  Off hand, I would think that an effect inside a group as it relates to other effects inside the same group, would assume the layer inside the group.  However anything in a group as it relates to stuff not in the group,would appear to be at whatever the group layer is.  In other words, an effect in layer 5 would be in front of an effect in a group at layer 40,effect in layer 1; which in turn would be in front of an effect in a group at layer 40, effect in layer 2.  Did that all make sense?  Or did I just make your life more complex?

This would be very nice at times.  Related to that, on all group modify items, can you make the start and end time editable as a group?  The use would be a large number of effects that last for example 4 seconds and they need to be 62 seconds.  Too much of a change to use "Nudge Length" practically, and annoying to have to change 10 effects one at a time.

Now that would be nice!

Also nice...

Pertaining to Layering, the layer that the group is in is used as the primary, and the layer the effect is in the group is secondary. In essence you have 40 x 40 = 1600 layers.

Pertaining to group modify including changing the length of all effects, sorry, I probably will not do that.