Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixie 4/8/16

George Simmons

Thanks for asking. I too am waiting. But I really need the other items I ordered at the summer sale more than the pixie 8.  That is for next year. The rest is for this year.

I ordered a Pixie16 among other things during the summer sale. Opened up a ticket last night asking what the shipment date of my order was. The response I got back this morning was a copy of the shipping FAQ.

11 hours ago, sax said:

Thanks for asking. I too am waiting. But I really need the other items I ordered at the summer sale more than the pixie 8.

I'm in the same boat.  David Pitts has just announced a nice little board that I can use for this year if need be (and maybe even in place of the pixie's), but I also really need the other stuff on my order more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is the end of  October.  Estimated ship date on Pixel Tree Kit, for example, still says early October. I understand that challenges happen and parts needed for kits dont come in on time.   The thing is, COMMUNICATION is the key.  We in the LOR community are pretty understanding, but what is disheartening is lack of communication on expected ship dates and lack of information on new products. Deferring people the the FAQ is OK to a point, but at this point it is just patronizing and an easy out.  These new products and their specs should be available on the website immediately after you announced them and defiantly soon after you accept orders for them. Information should include specs on how to set them up in software. The idea less is more does not apply in this case.  It would be appreciated if a communication would be sent to all those whom ordered summer sale items that are way past expected deliverable, an update as to when they can be expected.   Tomorrow is Nov 1 and it is time to start setting up displays, some have already started and we are in the dark.

• Like 2

Glad I didn't order these this year.  I usually stay away from 1st year or 1st time release stuff anyway.  It gives time for all of bugs to be worked out for software and hardware issues .  Because I know I when  these do start arriving and people get them hooked up there will be issues! And they haven't even shipped yet<_< so it'll be NEXT YEARS sales that I get me some:D:P

It's unfortunate that these haven't shipped yet.  It has to be a little worrisome to not have them yet to test or even get started setting up the display.

Edited by B.Y.R.G.
  • Like 4

Now things seem to happen. User guide is now up in Documentation!

I also read in another thread that Pixie will start shipping on Friday or Monday.

To bad they are not giving any official information here. But only if you ask the sale support.

I have myself ordered two Pixie 4. Then ordered 1pcs Pixie 4, 2pcs Pixie 8 and 1pcs Pixie 16 for a lightshow I am setting up for the company I am working for. To that alot of Pixelstrings.

Edited by niklas-tgs

Nope. Devmike said shipments should start next week

I talked to Mary yesterday, and she said they are shipping by Friday or Monday. She was very nice about it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, lkcubsrule said:

I talked to Mary yesterday, and she said they are shipping by Friday or Monday. She was very nice about it!

We started shipping by Friday/Monday.  That is different than 'by'.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my Pixel Tree today!!!  Have not looked at it yet but it is finally here!  Now we just have to wait for the software update.

An open beta version has been available since Tuesday

Yep. I download it and it works great on my Pixies.

Ok Guys I need some help. I finally got my 16 pixie board today that I ordered from the summer sale and I need some help in telling what wire from the strand goes where on the board. I bought my strands earlier in the summer from Creative Lighting Displays. Evidently they have gone out of business since there website is gone. Any how I have WS2811 12 volt strands. I have a blue, brown and yellow with green stripe wires. Thought I would give you guys a shout before I toasted something.

Thanks

Charley