Light-O-Rama Forums

Sub-Sequnce or copy and paste. What's best

indi

I have always used a sub-sequence inserted into my visualizer for my pixel tree and haven't had any problems. I now have added a 960 pixel matrix and used the sub-sequence. Looks OK, but if I use the SuperStar exported file and play it, it seems to look better than using the sub-sequence on the matrix. But when viewing the sub-sequenced in the visualizer it looks great, not so much in the actual matrix. Any suggestions?

Thanks   

When you say "the superstar exported file and play it, it seems to look better than using the sub-sequence on the matrix" do you mean it looks better on the actual lights? Or do you mean it looks better on the visualizer?

When you play using a subsequence to the actual lights, in what sense does it not look as good? Does it lag? Are the lights less bright? Is it out of sync?

Indi, when you say "SuperStar exported file", are exporting in legacy format or as an intensity file?

Sent from my Droid Turbo via Tapatalk, so blame any typos or spelling errors on Android

When you say "It doesn't look as full as it does on the visualizer" do you mean it is not as bright? Or that some of the lights are not lighting?

What I can say is that I have not had reports of this prior to now. And my personal experience has been that playing as a subsequence looks the same as playing the file "stand alone."

But from your description it sounds like sub-sequences were playing fine until the addition of a 960 pixel matrix. Have you tried "unplugging" the 960 pixel matrix and seeing if that makes a difference?

Thanks Mr. B. I will look at it again in a couple of weeks and see if I can figure it out. I didn't have anything else connected to the system except for the matrix.  I may have other problems with the Picton 16. 

Thanks.