Light-O-Rama Forums

Who else is busy busy busy

ebrown1972

Last month I moved to a new home. I have been working my butt off trying to get things done for the display. In the last 2 weeks I have built 8 rgb leaping arches, 2 12 string pixel trees, put together 8 chroma canes, 8 glow trees, and 4 chroma flakes. I still have all of the pigtails to install in each controller, 4 falcon controllers to set up, and a few other things not to mention all my sequencing to do. Fun times!!!!!!!

Last month I moved to a new home. I have been working my butt off trying to get things done for the display. In the last 2 weeks I have built 8 rgb leaping arches, 2 12 string pixel trees, put together 8 chroma canes, 8 glow trees, and 4 chroma flakes. I still have all of the pigtails to install in each controller, 4 falcon controllers to set up, and a few other things not to mention all my sequencing to do. Fun times!!!!!!!

We're in the same boat, we packed up and moved from Massachusetts to Florida in April and just moved into our new home the middle of August. I'm working on finishing up some much needed landscaping to my front yard to make it more Christmas friendly. Now I'm on to building the entire pixel outline of my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 1983ss454 said:

We're in the same boat, we packed up and moved from Massachusetts to Florida in April and just moved into our new home the middle of August. I'm working on finishing up some much needed landscaping to my front yard to make it more Christmas friendly. Now I'm on to building the entire pixel outline of my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this year I am not outlining anything on the house. For sure that will be done next year.

23 hours ago, ebrown1972 said:

We moved last June and had to work our butts off to get ready in time. We of course took that opportunity to move nearly everything to RGB. Each window and garage door have brilliant bulbs and LED strips, kind of hard to tell in the video. The physical build wasn't too hard, although the 19' mega tree was crazy. The first year of programming in RGB was tough.

My problem is that I'm so busy that I have no time to work on Christmas stuff!  Work is endless, and home life solidly booked every waking moment.  Then in a month I go on vacation for two weeks.  I need to clear off my November calendar because the three weeks before T'giving are the ONLY weeks I have to build a small spiral tree AND four trellis trees that I've already built into my LOR programming, so I have to have them!

• Like 1

Been pretty busy for the past 2 or 3 weeks here. Adding blue LED strands to all our superstrands.

So far I've added them to 72 superstrands. And since the existing three color superstrands are incandescent... I fixed all non-working strands and replaced all burned out lights.

Next up are twelve wreaths. Then there are nine 5' trees. And then eighteen 2' trees.

I really do love this hobby. ?

Unfortunately this year I am not outlining anything on the house. For sure that will be done next year.

Unfortunately Ive been working between 6 and 7 days a week at my new job. But the nice part is I work nights, I drop my son off at school at 8am and I don't leave for work until 2 pm. So I can generally find some time during the day to plug away at some things

In the process of building a pvc and chicken wire frame to use as a screen for my ribbons.  Hope to get it together by the weekend so I can add the CCRs and test out programs on which I have been working for a long while.

6 hours ago, Jaynee said:

My problem is that I'm so busy that I have no time to work on Christmas stuff!  Work is endless, and home life solidly booked every waking moment.  Then in a month I go on vacation for two weeks.  I need to clear off my November calendar because the three weeks before T'giving are the ONLY weeks I have to build a small spiral tree AND four trellis trees that I've already built into my LOR programming, so I have to have them!

Me too! 

We all seem to be pretty much in the same boat. All of us are busy. Trying to juggle work, 3 kids in school with all the school activities, and working on the display when I can not to mention trying to do a few things to my new home. This hobby helps to keep me somewhat sane though believe it or not. It helps to take me away from the stress of everyday life and I would much rather have the stress of trying to get my display done than the stress that comes with work and all that other stuff.

Good luck to all of you. In the end it's all worth it :)

As far as building the only thing left to do is set up one more controller. Once that is done all of my extra time will be used sequencing. Looks like I should be good this year.

I still have to build the PVC window frames and buy an FM transmitter. I also need to purchase a couple dumb ribbons but Light O Rama is currently out of stock.. apparently they'll be in in October so fingers crossed for that. Man.. this is fun lol.

done sequencing, done building 6 new coro pieces and 82 4-color mini trees...no extension cords for the mini trees then start set up for all 16 houses!